[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which job should I take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Rainbow_276d33_5993551.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_276d33_5993551.gif
2MB, 640x360px
Option A: Hospital cook. Starts just under $14hr. Full time, decent benefits. I was chosen out of a lot of applications for this position, which I'm thrilled about. Took a lot of time to get this. I'm familiar with kitchen work but sort of curious to try something outside of that. Not sure how often I will get a raise.

Or

Option B: Save-a-lot warehouse picker. Starts at $14.50hr with incentives and (supposedly) regular raises, maxing at $27hr. Decent benefits. Physically demanding and plenty of o.t. Would be listening on a headset to go around the warehouse and build pallets. Not at all familiar with this, and no idea what it will be like. This also has taken a long time to get, but they are constantly hiring and aren't as picky.

So one pays better with more hours, and isn't kitchen work. But I feel very lucky I got chosen for the hospital position, as it's rarely open and many people tried to get it. If I hate the warehouse job I definitely wouldn't get another chance at the hospital one.
>>
As a doctor working the night shift, at 330am, i ask u become a hospital cook if youre even halfway decent. A solid breakfast does wonders for staff
>>
>>18423504
I work as an order selector for a warhouse. You can make a lot of money when you get over time. I make $16 and hour if i work one extra day I make $200 easy. But it's very mind numbing work. Physical you get use to the work.

It depends if you want to make a shitload of money take the pick job. If you want something steady you can keep for a few years take the kitchen job. Also incentive is a joke. At least at my warehouse.
ya you make insentive for a few weeks but they raise your standard. So you have work even harder to get the same thing. Eventually I stoped chasing incentive and took extra days. Easiest way to make money.
>>
>>18423528
Mind numbing how? What's the headset shit like?

>>18423517
Outside of home I've never had a real cook position. Always been a prep cook. I'll probably be rusty but I get the jist of it.
>>
Also looking for a very long term position, which may be best at the hospital.
>>
>>18423540
It gets boring once you get use to stacking product.

You warehouse might be different but the headset will give you a location example it will say bravo 02 pick 2. Then you say the conformation number. Then it will tell you the next location. It understands some of your speech. So you talk to a headset all day.
>>
>>18423838
Is the money worth it?
>>
>>18423504
Hospital cook. You'll learn something useful.
>>
>>18424197
Fair enough. I'm nervous (but excited) they chose me for the cook position, despite not having actual coom experience outside of home and prep work. They take their cooking there seriously and use good, local ingredients. I don't want to fuck up.
>>
>>18424197
Like how to make 500 fish patties or 200 pounds of mashed potatoes.

I'm guessing they will train you on mass production instead of cooking.

Do either of these jobs belong to a union?
>>
>>18424346
Neither are union jobs. I really don't know which to pursue. I want good pay but I don't want a job I'm gonna hate.
>>
I'd go based on what you feel more comfortable with. Kitchen is probably gonna be more social and engaging, and there'll be crunch with busy periods and meal planning (I don't know if you get much leeway on that in hospital kitchens, though.)
The warehouse job sounds monotonous but maybe peaceful? If you don't much care to interact with humans, go warehouse.

IDK though, I'm a prep cook right now too and I picked that to deal with less people.

And now I'm trapped for hours a day in a room with people who don't shut up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.