[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1496548288593.jpg (121KB, 540x719px) Image search: [Google]
1496548288593.jpg
121KB, 540x719px
>feel lonely most of the time
>try and make friends
>start feeling weird
>ghost them
>repeat

I don't know why I do this. Am I just picky? Even if I make friends, I always feel disconnected from others and the world around me. I start to feel like a huge weirdo around others so I push them away. I don't share a lot of interests with most people and I generally stand out. I feel lonely but I cannot stand a bland friendship. I just want someone that understands me. I only had one person understand me and they pushed ME away. I have yet to find someone similar. What do?
>>
Looks for places that attract people with the same interests as you.
>>
I'm the exact same, Anon. Maybe we're both just being paranoid? But regardless of feeling like a weirdo when trying to establish a friendship I still haven't found a person who understands me.
>>
>>18423415
Great album, shirty cover
>>
>>18423351
>>18423415
Same. I don't understand the behavior either.
>>
>>18423351
Maybe you're slightly self destructive and thrive on unhappiness defining you
>>
>>18423351
What the fuck is going on in that picture??
>>
>>18423752
I've learned this is how I am, personally. I think it's something a lot of people like OP don't realize.
>>
>>18423351
Maybe you're better off with acquaintances instead of friends.
>>
>>18423351
not gonna happen if u wanna make friends with normies to look like u have a normie social circle, unless you make friends with the same niche (presumably socially unaccepted/abnormal) hobbies as you. basically choose between having normie friends and being seen as a normie but feeling dead on the inside everytime you hang with them or having weird ass friends that you genuinely have shared interests with and being branded as a weirdo. i feel you op but i took the normie route bc i dont have balls.
>>
I'm the same. The only option I have come up with is moving away form society and live an unabomberesque existence. I have found that there is no way to actually do this in todays global cancer called society. We will simply die of extinction. Those lost souls suited to this overpopulated polluted cesspit of a world will outlive us. There is no answer. Nuclear war might help, but the powers to be are too busy denying ww3 to get around to it.
>>
>>18424052
When I was a kid, I was completely happy being weird on my own. Moved towns and started highschool, where i met a lot of weirdos that accepted me. Basically there were too many outcasts so we stuck together. "I'm with the banned" style. Problem is, we were outcasts for a million different reasons. Everyone had their own issues. Basically 9gag, 4chan, and fandoms kept us together. Once we graduated, well, jobs, and life made us all realize how different we all were. What was left of the group started to crumble. Somebody sleeping with an ex, becoming each other's managers at work, roommates finding out things you never want to know... ya know, life.

We all got together for a party, but what we realized that night, was the things that made us stick together, were a part of us, because we were outcasts. "When everyone is super, than no one is" everyone had their quirks because it made them stand out, but when everyone has that quirk, you no longer feel unique...
Ya know how they say opposites attract? Instead of having an identical friend, maybe it's okay to have a friend that's a little different than you. Keep each other balanced? Introduce each other to new things?
Maybe you can't stay friends with someone because theyre boring to you?
>>
lmao OP I do the exact same thing. Your description sounds a lot like me if not exactly the same.
>>
>>18424267
Sorry for long post, I'm not even sure it makes sense... It's kind of contradictory. I can try to elaborate if its worth it to ya
>>
>>18424267
>9gag
If you still go to that website you are a fucking normie and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I recommend suicide, preferably today.
If you stopped going there that's okay.
Also it's then* not than.
>>
>>18424273
I've never been a fan, it was just one of the brainless things we did with computer access in highschool that wouldn't get us suspended.
Yea, I know, mb
>>
>>18424271
It sorta makes sense. You are saying I should stay friends with them even if we have nothing in common, correct? Easier said than done. It is more difficult to find stuff to talk about. My goal here is to feel connected to people, not have friends I can't share my interests with. Isn't that the point of a friend in the first place? If we have nothing in common I don't really care about what they have to say. I can't relate to them.
>>
Try to find friends that hav a common interest to you. If you both like sports/philosophy/cooking/cars/horses/music/art whatever, you will always have something to talk about. Also everyone thinks they are a huge weirdo or out of place sometimes.If you think a situation is awkward because of you, the other person probably thinks the same but because of him/her.
>>
>>18424300
You don't want a polar opposite, but how do you tell your best friend about your favorite show if they've already seen it 3 times? You want to have something to talk about and someone to share experiences with. But you don't want someone that has a completely different background and would never understand. I don't have a great way of explaining it so I'll put it into gaming...
You can run dungeons with a character that has the exact build like yours but you wont see anything new and bosses won't be super exciting. But if you put two different classes together you can put your differences together and come up with crazy awesome tactics...
>>
>>18424321
I really only have one good friend so maybe I dont know what I'm talking about... with my past experiences, I feel like having too many friends isn't worth the hassle. Maybe I got lucky with my one friend being who he is. We have similar backgrounds and similar tastes but somehow were never into the exact same things... for example, I read marvel, he read dc. I watched dbz, he watched one piece. I played Sega, he played Nintendo. He played LoL I played WoW... Now we both respect/enjoy each other's interests and share old and new.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you dont agree, but do you understand what I mean?
>>
>>18424441
I may have killed this thread. Am I talking to myself here? Sorry OP, I hope you got an answer you were looking for.
>>
>>18424481
>>18424441
>>18424321
I'm still here my man sorry. Yeah I get what you mean, but it's hard to get people interested in my hobbies I guess. Most people don't seem to care. Maybe I suck at conversating too. But what I think that what I'm trying to say here is that I want someone I can emotionally connect to. Someone that understands who I am as a person as I understand them. That's what I mean by the disconnect I feel. I don't feel like people understand me.
>>
>>18423351
There is nothing wrong with you.
The problem is that you aren't very good at moderating intimacy. This is a skill, like a muscle. Yours just happens to be underdeveloped.

If you seriously want to tackle this issue, talk to a therapist (not psychiatrist). Again, there is nothing wrong with you. But you would benefit from some new strategies for how you look at relationships.

What would likely be discussed is stuff like:
>I always feel disconnected from others and the world around me.
You don't ALWAYS feel disconnected from the world. There are absolutely moments when you're completely engaged in what you're doing and the the people you're doing it with.
There is always the possibility of noticing that you are in fact not ONE with the universe and other people, if you stop and think about it. And you have a bad habit of thinking too much about it, instead of getting busy being connected.

> I start to feel like a huge weirdo around others so I push them away. I don't share a lot of interests with most people and I generally stand out.
You don't understand how to be close to those who are dissimilar. That doesn't mean it's impossible, harmful, dangerous, bad or even unusual to be close to dissimilar people. It's simply a skill you haven't developed.

>I feel lonely but I cannot stand a bland friendship.
You don't want to be moderately close. You either want to approach infinite closeness or infinite separateness. This is where a developing mind starts from. As you grow and mature, you will learn that either absolute is impossible and that moderation is actually a better option.

> I only had one person understand me and they pushed ME away.
The experience ended before you had a chance to find the limit of your similarity and understanding. This is the white to the blackness of the general situation you describe.

tkld;dr
Your problem is that you see relationships in black and white. You need to learn to see in grayscale.
>>
>>18424560
I think i see what you're saying, it's hard to find someone that seems to understand. Even if you're going through the same thing, people process everything differently, so it's still not the same experience. And it's hard opening up over and over when no one ever tried to understand before.
I'm very bad at communicating in person because I can't get my point across in a way someone else can understand.

I usually wait for them to open up to me and let them talk, I try to be open minded and understand, not how their feeling, but who they are because of their story. Once they have said their peace, i usually follow with, "I know this isnt quite the same and I can't understand exactly how you are feeling but I can tell you what I went through and how it affected me". That usually strikes an incling of a bond and if they try to be open minded and return the respect for you, they might just be worth keeping around.
Am I going more in the right direction?
>>
>>18424644
Yes. Sometimes I also don't understand myself either. It would be nice to have someone going through similar things to help me word it differently and we can bond over that. Thing is, every time I open up to someone I feel horrible and regretful afterwards. It's like I lost a part of me and I don't feel comfortable exposing myself.
>>
>>18423351
You have aspergers syndrome.
>>
>>18424633
This is a perspective I never thought of. Now it's just learning how to see the grayscale. Thank you. I do think it's best to talk to someone because I hate this feeling, and I feel pretty bad when I ghost people.
>>18424665
It's possible.
>>
>>18424662
Like you gave them something that didn't belong to you?
>>
>>18424705
I gave them something important to me they don't deserve.
>>
>>18424730
This is the inherent risk everyone eventually takes in relationships. It's a delicate dance to only reveal an appropriate amount of information at one time.
>>
>>18424037
where to find weirdos tho
>>
>>18425953
My advice would depend on how safe and the size your city is.. but mostly at work, common hate for a boss can bond people rather quickly
>>
>>18423752
I DO THIS. How do I stop?
>>
>>18423351
This picture is giving me a headache.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.