[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grinding sound from joints, should i be concerned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: knee.jpg (33KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
33KB, 642x361px
My knee and ankle are making a grinding sound that sounds kinda like velcro being pulled a part and someone stirring mac and cheese.
Should I be concerned?
I went to a weeb convention, so I was on my feet for almost 10 hours straight. Normally, I can't walk more than a mile before my knee starts to hurt and I walked much, much more than that, and that was almost 6 days ago.

I have no clue what would be causing it in the first place, since joint problems are usually caused by age or weight and I'm 20 and 140 lbs, so neither would likely be it.

Any ideas as to what it could be/should I be concerned?
>>
You obviously have some knee problem that got worse by the stress. I have knee problems too (don't recall the name) and one time I hurt it pretty bad jumping to grab some Mardi Gras beads, but it got better after a few days.

Get your shit diagnosed, if it hurts it's wrong. At least you'll find out dos and don'ts about it
>>
>>18423182
What do I do I can't afford to go to the doctor's about it.
Like, things I could try before going to the doctor's?
>>
Assuming it's nothing crazy your body should be able to heal itself given time. rest, put your feet up and ice it if it's hot painful or swollen. Try not to do anything to make it worse. If you can't afford to see a doctor look for a free clinic in your area. Like the other anon said it sounds like you have some sort of pre existing condition considering that you're young, not overweight, and can't walk more than a mile without your knees hurting.
>>
>>18423264
>What do I do I can't afford to go to the doctor's about it.
Don't walk.

Also, if you're flat footed it could be because of that. It could be making your knee not track right.

Start saving to see a doctor.
>>
>>18423264
I'm the anon you quoted

For the time being, do ice if it's been less than 48h and hot water if it's been more. Avoid doing whatever move it is that make it happen for a while. My problem got better within the first week, so if it take too long to get it better, you'll HAVE to go to the doctor since you could have snapped something and require surgery or some other care.

If it heals on its own, start doing stretches and work out with the directions of a professional to strengthen the muscles around the knee, which will help give it better support. Also obviously avoid high impact exercises like basketball or running. I never use the threadmill, always go for the elliptical since it doesn't have impact.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.