[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you process your emotions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I want to know how you guys who can deal with and process your emotions without reacting outlandishly (but also not supressing yourself to the point of which it eats away at you);do it. How do you truly let go of past situations and current resentment towards others; how do you manage that feeling where it seems like you'll always be at the bottom and people will continually treat you as less then.
>>
>>18422731
Part of growing up. When i was a teen i would repress shit and ended blowing up (punched holes in walls, threw a rake thru the garage door). Even had a fistfight with this dude cuz he would just speed past me in the neighborhood. I just speed up next to him and held down the horn like a badass.

Now I just know nothing is perfect and dont let my emotions get to me. I professionally hold my emotions and even teach autistic kids and yelling at them does no help at all.

Tldr: Part of maturing.
>>
A normal human can only worry up to 7 problems at the same time and as you get older more and more problems will pops up. Then only the immediate problems will be your main concern; that horrible memory of you getting bullied during a lunch break will be a distant memory since your landlord is a far bigger asshole.
>>
>>18422757
I thought holding in you emotions was not the best thing to do.

Don't you need to let them process though and out of you?

How do you build that "immunity", so to speak?
>>
>>18422774
How would you deal with resentment in those situations?

How do you hold your ground and not let it get to you?
>>
>>18422777
Ya holding in your emotions is not recommended at all. Sometimes you just need to vent and I do that too around my fellow teachers or friends to decompress.

I was stressed out at all the little shit until about 11th grade. Getting worked up about it was not very good and I was agitated all the time. I got this from my dad he was under a lot of stress then. I would come with the homework question about math or chemistry and he would flap his arms around LOL. I thought cuz if this I needed to be like him. I was wrong and I feel much much better.
>>
>>18422784
You'll learn not to give a shit about minor things. It's part of the maturity process, you'll eventually learn about this sooner or later. Being forgetful also helps.
>>
>>18422796
>>18422795
Any advice for getting over anticipating people mistreating you?

Sometimes I'll do this and it makes me feel bad for feeling so fearful and panicky.

Have you ever expected a situation to end with you feeling pathetic or ashamed ?
>>
>>18422815
>Have you ever expected a situation to end with you feeling pathetic or ashamed ?

Yes but I tell myself that that is not going to happen. Like for example if you need to give a speech in front of a group don't worry about what the group is thinking because you would just mess up then.
>>
>>18422840
How would you guys deal with experiencing helpless emotions?

Is it bad to judge yourself? Or is it necessary? If necessary,then how without overwhelming yourself?
>>
>>18422815
It's natural to be fearful and panicky when you're starting to get out of your safe zone. Everyone been there, sharing it with close friends afterward helps to ease your feeling.
But after surviving a couple of bad encounters, you learn enough on how to counter back like a spitfire from hell that you would even wonder why you'd let people pick on you when you're younger.
>>
Your biggest critic is often yourself. To avoid overwhelming myself, I keep busy. Sometimes we're not meant to stew in our heads. Instead, be proactive. Make a checklist of the things you want to improve in your life and do them!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.