[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cure my foot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: foot.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
foot.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
My left foot has been infested with some extreme, chronic form of Athlete's foot for 10 years. I'm a 22 y.o. male, pic related of my left foot. My right foot is has been perfect the whole 10 years; no yellow toenails or imperfections of the skin. My left foot has been covered in red bumps that are often itchy and provoke the feeling of heat.

I have tried many treatments over the years, none that have worked. Some include oral pills, painting some form of ointment on the nails, creams to rub into the skin, and sprays.

How/what should I do about this situation? It has been maybe 2-3 years since my last attempt at a doctor to fix this. I dislike it so much I realistically consider surgical removal of my foot. This situation prevents me from small everyday activities. I do not go barefoot with this foot publicly; no public beaches or swimming events with friends. Around the house, I refuse to have the foot touch my bed; I will always wear a sock.
>>
>>18422109

See a foot doctor. It's a fungal problem.
>>
I have the same problem. I currently treat it with doctor scholls foot powder and by covering my toe when showering. The fungus is still there but the nail looks normal. Vicks vapor rub is more powerful but can cause the nail to fall apart in the short term
>>
>>18422109
My husband has eczema eating his feet alive as he works construction. He has seen doctors but they can't stop it.
He takes tons of meds, soaks in bleach, has antibiotics and foot powders,
Changes socks multipl times at work.

It's psychological at heart
>>
>>18422128
I likely will soon. Past experiences make me hesitant as nothing worked; maybe medicine has advanced such that I will have success now?

>>18422139
Fungus is there but nail is normal. So this treatment cures the toenails, but is there no progress with that actual skin?

>>18422147
Out of curiosity, are you suggesting the skin may be Eczema but the nails be some form of alternate fungus such as Athlete's foot? Is he having success with the treatment you list?
>>
Might be difficult depending where you live, but sea water works great on fungus. Mine went away in just 2 days of holidays, but I had less than you.
>>
>>18422170
Those nails are infected, meaning they are not normal. The skin is probably fungal as well. The same remedies should work, just keep you feet dry
>>
>>18422170
I don't know what the red spots are.
If it's only one foot, I think it's psychological.

My husband is having no success with treatment because he is not addressing the underlying psychological issues.

Google "skin deep ted grossbart"
>>
>>18422194
I live maybe 2 hours from the ocean? At the end of this month I have 2 weeks off from work. I could do daily trips out to the beach for a week and see how it goes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.