[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Always have a buyers remorse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

After some introspection, I realized how shallow I am. I keep buying stuff, hoping it will make me happy and always end up regretting it. Here are some examples

>I love cars
>buy 2011 manual Camaro SS
>have fun for a while and now filled with regret and didn't make me happier, just a whole lot poorer

>acquintance has insane cardio because he does cycling daily
>thought it would be a good idea by being greener, less expensive than a car, will help me get in better shape and meet people
>buy 3.5k CAD worth of bike and gear
>realize it's a whole lot more dangerous than I thought, I love like a fucking try hard douche, no friends to ride with, school and job far by bike

>I love guns and history
>buy a nice Tikka T3 bolt action
>realize that shooting .308 weekly is expensive
>sell it and buy SKS
>shoot loads of bullets but I end up regretting getting into this money sink hobby

I know, I give off some supreme gentleman vibes but I am not. I just try to be normal and have hobbies like everybody.

What can I do? What does it mean about me?
>>
It means you are normal human being who doesn't give things enough forethought.

Also you should take up a cheaper hobby.
>>
>>18421857
Anticipation is always better than actually getting what you want. I always buy stuff and regret it later but I've reached a point where I stopped caring so much. However for you I would suggest the next time before you buy something, puts some real thought into whether or not you really need it right now. Would it benefit you in the long run? Try enjoying the things you already have and save your money for when you find something you really really want/need in the future then you'll feel more justified in buying it.
>>
>>18421867
What are some interesting, cheap and fun hobbies? Especially the ones that forces you to meet people

>>18421875
The trouble is that when I get fixated one something, I always rationalize everything and it all makes sense. Sometimes I feel like going full jew mode and no spend a penny
>>
Get obsessed with taking care of those things that you already purchased. The more energy you put into everything like washing the car or maintaining the Bike the more attached you'll become and most likely be happier with your purchase.

Start doing it more than you think you need to, wash the car every other weekend and learn to appreciate more things about it. Pull the gun out and just admire the work that went into it, the amount of hours of research that went into every component. Look up the history of the companies that produced them and become passionate. When you buy these things you become ingrained into a culture of other people who are obsessed with them because they are niche and you now have common ground to have a discussion.
>>
>>18422404
>being attached
>being happy
pick one
>>
>>18422404
Good idea. I'll try with my car. Thanks man
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.