[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing a Workaholic Mindset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: ptm_woodstock.jpg (167KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
ptm_woodstock.jpg
167KB, 806x806px
The other day I was reminiscing with friends about our experiences back in high school and I was reminded by a suppressed memory.

In my high school days I was considered a nerd. I was okay with it because I believed my work ethic would benefit me in life (which it mostly did). As is typical for the nerd, I was suspect to the usual bullying. The beatings stopped after middle school but the "psychological" bullying sorta changed me drastically as a person.

Essentially whenever I'd raise my hand and get an answer wrong the whole class would let out a sigh of disappointment. I was aware it was a joke and it didn't bother me at first. However over time it escalated and extended to any interaction. I started to sense some malicious intent at the rude/snarky comments. At the time it killed my self confidence and I stopped talking trying to even participate in class.

This treatment lasted for 2 years and it changed my mindset when it came to interacting with people. I put my social life on halt (to a degree even to this day) and just focussed on whatever tasks I wanted to improve; be it school, sports or some other projects.

I graduated top of my year and continue to do well in that regard. This insane insecurity of mine drove my work rate through the roof. I remember not eating or leaving my room for days just being consumed by my studies like a madman.

I'm in grad school and my colleagues didn't attend the same school; they were shocked/weirded out by this story. I'm aware this mindset isn't healthy and I want to become a well-adjusted adult. Also to add, I didn't become a complete social retard. I still can interact just fine and even fake the small talk and whatnot, but I don't like talking to people anymore.

TLDR; I enjoy the struggle of working too much, how do I become a normie and enjoy social interactions (parties, dates, etc.)?
>>
You might need professional help for this OP.
>>
>>18421512

I'll consider it, thanks.
>>
File: czrxv0eLrOQ.jpg (330KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
czrxv0eLrOQ.jpg
330KB, 1600x1065px
I have the question for you, OP. How do I develop the same work ethic you have?
>>
>>18421581

I wouldn't know how to answer that. I guess in my case the main driving force was that I genuinely enjoyed learning. The treatment I received from my colleagues then set it into overdrive.

So I guess find something you're extremely passionate about. Surround yourself around ambitious people and then find enjoyment in grinding hours upon hours.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.