[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afraid of death of relatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 62425.jpg (33KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
62425.jpg
33KB, 1024x576px
I am 20 years old, yet I have to witness death of any close family-member, including grandparents.
But I am not illusional, one day it will come.
Grandparent death will be a very sad experience. I suppose it will feel like your childhood is more far away every day and all that. Also, I have connection to some, from childhood, who supports and truly loves me even now, if this person dies it will be super fucked up.
Also, this is going to be a big shock to my parents. How do I cheer them up? I cant handle death at all, but how do I support my parents?
And my parents also will die... I am the only son in the family, means I will have to handle all this, but I close my eyes when I pass old people and graveyards, I just hate it.
Discourse like "they dont die, they just change form" doesnt help me.
How to live?
>>
>>18421304

It's a part of life. It's all there is to it. An inevitability but don't forget when they're going to go they'll have lived their life time just as once you're about to go you'll have lived yours. No on is really being short handed and their deaths are important in the sustenance of life. That which all your descendants require for their life to become real.

Think of immortality as being representative through your genes. As long as they're passed on then that which made your ancestors and make you are making it into the future in a conscientious mind which would not exist if it wasn't for all of you prior.
>>
>>18421419
But isn't it fucked up that in order for new genes to survive old ones need to die
It is so sad and unfair, it is unbearable, the fact that they die because we need to live, how could a world so beautiful impose such thing on us?
>>
>>18421429
Death isn't unfair just as life isn't really a blessing. They just are what they are and they require one another otherwise neither could exist.

It's sad that you have to say goodbye to people one day but when you say old genes die they don't. They carry on through you.

Nature isn't kind, cruel, biased etc... It just is. A system of life which has all the components to support life. Even when some of them components seem unfair and cruel they're just as essential as the ones we perceive as kind and beautiful. If everything was "light" we wouldn't know we were looking at it. We'd think we were looking at nothing.
>>
>>18421429

You need to think of it as the old people have lived long and fulfilling lives and to keep them around as their bodies and mind begin to fail is selfish, they will be happier with a chance to rest.
>>
>>18421444
>>18421451
Logically, it makes sense, but it doesn't ease my feelings.
Also, how to act when it happens? When my mother calls me crying and says it? I think I am going to hang up and pop Xanax. This will probably be best for me, as it is going to be hard enough, but my parents? For them it is even harder, their parent dies, this is super fucked up, I don't know if they are ready. I will not be in the condition to do anything I suppose, worst things I experienced were rejections by crushes, even then I cried like a bitch in my room, imagine if someone dies.
>>
Are your grandparents ill? Why are you considering this? Also why do you think your parents will be so heartbroken?
>>
>>18421530
Well, grandparents are over 80 years old, it doesn't take a genius to look up average life expectance and to calculate the odds. One day it WILL happen.
>why do you think your parents will be so heartbroken?
Father cried on my shoulder when the doctors discovered some cancer form in his father, although the results were shady and I don't know, right now it seems like he is doing good.
But nonetheless, imagine if he dies?
>>
>>18421545
Man, I am 26 and have lived at home with my grandma since birth who is 87, I have thought this shit probably far longer than you have, you eventually toughen yourself up to these things and move on with your life.
>>
>>18421479
>>18421545

People grieve and nothing is worse than the anticipation. Once your final goodbye is said you find it much easier to let go. Your parents will be fine. It will be painful but not immobilizing and grief fades with time.

The struggle is when you're still able to cling onto them you want to do everything in your power to keep them here but do trust your mind is ready to say that farewell. It will be a hard month or two.

One of the saddest realizations I think in a way is realizing just how back to normal everything becomes and how quick the status quo of keeping your life engulfs you once more.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.