[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

red pill me on being self disciplined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: m00d.jpg (131KB, 1197x1328px) Image search: [Google]
m00d.jpg
131KB, 1197x1328px
how to be self disciplined?
>>
>>18421262

Stop listening to the red pill and grow a spine. The "self" part of "self disciplined" means you gotta do it yourself.
>>
Start small. Make a deal with yourself to do whatever, uninterrupted, for five minutes every day. Do this for a week and then raise the allotted time to ten minutes, fifteen minutes, twenty minutes and so on.
>>
>>18421262

self discipline is simply having the will to do something, even if you dont want to. the problem with a lot of people in our generation is that they believe we need to WANT to do something in order to do it, that there is some secret path to tricking our selves into doing all the things we claim we want to do but clearly dont want to do because we never do them.

its a myth. self discipline is you doing somethign for your self. otherwise it wouldn't be called self discipline.

some people use a reward system, for instance when i was younger and would do my math homework i would reward my self with a piece of candy for every 3 math problems i solved. but that ISNT self discipline, thats a reward system (though it requires some small amount of self discipline in order to not just indulge the treats without finishing the homework).

then there is the buddy system., im horrible about working out, but my roommate was GREAT at it, so i told him to force me to work out. again this still requires SOME self discipline to stop you from simply saying 'nah im skipping' but its a lot easier when you have someone telling you waht to do.

which leads to another great discipline system: being disciplined. the 'master-slave' system works really well, i mean we all did well in school growing up mostly beause our parents would punish us if we did not. children whos parents dont punish them tend to just flunk out. so if you're willing to surrender power to someone else, do it. the problem herei s its hard to find someone who wants to actually manage your life for you and long term its bad because without them you'll just revert. and again some level of self discipline is required because you could just get up and leave now that you're an adult, you are no longer a kid with zero options.

cont:
>>
>>18421288

you will likely never truly develop all encompassing self discipline. most people dont. and thats okay. but if you want to start to develop any at all, start today. make a list of what you need to do. be realistic.

instead of saying you need to
>Clean the entire house
>start working out
>start a new diet
>start studying a new language
>apply for 20 jobs
>go out and meet new girls

start with these three things
>clean ONE ROOM of your house / apartment
>update your resume
>plan your next day

and for your next day try
>apply for all the relevant jobs on craigslit with the new resume
>clean ANOTHER room
>go for a walk
>plan your next day

then the next day can be
>apply for new jobs on craigslist
>Also check out monster.com
>clean ANOTHER room as well as tidy up what little messes are in the previous rooms
>go for a walk again
>figure out what book you will need to start studying that new subject you wanted to get into
>plan the next day

you can break all of these down in to times too, and then have a mini reward after each task (like a small piece of candy, or an episode of your favorite show) then one bigger reward at the end of the day, like a decadent meal, or just being able to masturbate even.
>>
File: 1497270085762.png (138KB, 375x736px) Image search: [Google]
1497270085762.png
138KB, 375x736px
>>18421289

Goddamn this is brilliant

You don't mind if I pasta this
>>
File: dig dug.gif (499KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
dig dug.gif
499KB, 300x192px
>>18421289
This. So many people try to change everything at once rather than one or a couple things at a time. People don't think sometimes it drives me nuts.
>>
>>18421870

go for it anon
>>
>>18421262
>How to have self discipline?
You literally have to discipline yourself. You do shit you hate that will benefit you and your life consistently. That's it. You do it.
>>
>>18421262
watch some jordan peterson lectures
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.