[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Babby's First Heartbreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Any advice on how to deal with my first bad break up?

I already started lifting and meditating. Any other advice will be much appreciated.
>>
>>18420842

just buiild up your own life and existence. the more you define your self as a singular person the less it hurts when someone leaves you. despite what rom coms have lead you to believe its /not/ good to be only half of a relationship
>>
>>18420848
Can't tell you how much sense this makes now. Seems as if my whole defining purpose was her. Main part of the reason I had to fall back.
>>
Going through my first one as well. Good luck, anon. I hope we both find our way out of this nightmare.
>>
>>18420858

it happens. even very independent people tend to lose themselves a bit in the right relationship, which isnt entirely bad. There is certainly an over investment point, but its kinda like eating junk food or smoking. It's not good for you but for most people its not a huge problem, we all need SOME vice and as far as vice goes this one isn't too bad until wayyyy down the line.
>>
>>18420842
Meditating is overblown. If you like it, stick with it, but just reading literature, not mass churned out "best sellers", is good enough.

Read Camus, he's really good, read other absurdists and existentialists, but also read literary realism like Tolstoy, or naturalists like Zola. They capture the human condition in their books, so reading them and thinking about them is equivalent to meditation

Other advice, just pick yourself back up, and carry on. My motto is "be a better man today than you were yesterday", so if you like that try it. But don't force yourself to do stuff you deem "self improvement" if you really don't like/want them (like lifting, it's something you really have to dedicate to)
>>
>>18420893
As far as this goes I kinda been into Camus for a while, I was planning on reading his other stuff in still reading The Stranger.

With lifting I sorta started doing this like at the very end of our relationship. It gave me an escape from the inevitable heartbreak and makes me feel fulfilled at the end of the day.
>>
>>18420842
I got no advice for you I'm afraid because in looking for the same.

I went through a catastrophic breakup. My ex did fucking awful things to me so I left her. The problem is its nearly 3 years since and I've been through 2 relationships and slept with 6 others but I'm still not over that ex. I still think about her all the time. I still feel like I'm in love with her.

Even recently I sent her a text when I was really drunk, I dont even know what I wanted to say to her.
>>
>>18420937
Damn dude. I didn't know it could be this serious. Now I'm kinda scared I'll never get over her. It was really the only thing to look forward to in coming weeks.
>>
>>18421014
Haha dont worry that much, I'm not depressed or anything anymore and I'm still pretty happy most of the time. Just I think about her way too much and I can't stop for some reason.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.