[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i just an NPC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: lvl1.jpg (11KB, 187x240px) Image search: [Google]
lvl1.jpg
11KB, 187x240px
So i was overthinking and i ended up digging a little too deep... Ive always been the "can you hold this?" person. Can you hold the light while i work on the car? can you hold the ladder still while i..? can you hold the door while we move this? Im decent at drawing but i wouldn't say it's a talent. Out side of everyday little things, i am good at nothing. absolutely nothing. I'm helpful because i'm good at being basic support, fetching things, holding things still, holding twelve things at once. basically the irl version of " this dungeon needs 10 people but our raid group only has 9 online, can you join us? you just have to run behind us and pick up loot"
does anyone know what i mean?
>>
You feel un important like you don't matter. That is just because people don't treat you well.

Your life is yours to make not one to live to according to a story in a game.
>>
>>18420810
You're a redshirt
>>
>>18420811
well, i feel completely useless, but that's not everyone else's fault. i have no skills, no talent, nothing i'm good at. i have basic knowledge but not enough to be of any more help. basic life skills, like a house wife, but that's about it.
>>
>>18420815
exactly, i'm just there to hang out with the main characters, until shit hits the fan. by then i've probably messed something up or gotten hurt.
>>
>>18420823
Then you need to level up your skills.
>>
>>18420810

Skills don't make you worthy. Imagine this: You are sad, you call your friend, they come over, and you chat about Dr. Who or some other stupid shit. You get out of your funk and feel better. Did your friend use any particular skill to make your date better? No, they were just there.

You can be important and useful just being you. Just let yourself share your life with people, and let people share their lives with you.

And I think this Anon >>18420811 might be unto something. There's a reason you feel like you are nothing. Either no one gives you attention or they only put you down. Try making better friends.
>>
>>18420810
I think what you've been through it's a step better compared to someone who's constantly being rejected and avoided, man. At least people accepted you in some way.

If you think your life like a game, it's fair then. Just level up and upgrade your skillsets.
>>
>>18420831
but i haven't even chosen a class yet, how do i know what skills are even worth getting into? am i prone to suck at everything, or do i have to just pick a skill and grind until i'm good at it?
>>
>>
>>18420832
i don't have many friends, so i'd like to keep the few i have, their decent people, is there a way to tell them " hey if you let me help a little, i can be more helpful next time?" without sounding like an jerk?
>>18420835
thinking about it as a game i guess, is easier to translate my thoughts.
>>
>>18420862
autocorrect. **They're** my bad. i know better, i swear
>>
>>18420862
>decent people

Sorry if this sounds condescending, but how do you know?

I mean, I'm still figuring out what a "decent" friend is. I trusted people in High School that were complete assholes, and even though now I have a pretty stable core group of friends, I still see they can be assholes some times. Is that normal? Am I settling?

Point is, a negative self image has to be reinforced by negative thought patters. I'm not saying people around you are assholes on purpose. Maybe they even aren't really assholes. But try hanging out with new people. Try to find someone that sees you as important. Try to see yourself as important, too.

You don't have to leave your current friends. Just make an effort to meet some new ones and compare. "Date around" for friends.
>>
>>18420880
well, i was trying to sound cool by saying i really have friends in the first place... i have people i know, people at work and people i run into that i've spoken to before... i moved out of my highschool town a few years back and havent really made an effort to hang out with people. i've been screwed over by so many people that having them too close isn't worth it any more...
>>
>>18420902

Then how do you expect to feel important? If you don't share your life, then yeah, it feels worthless. Maybe try some volunteering. Not only the activity itself is worthwhile, but you'll meet people there.

You gotta try. Life doesn't get better by itself.
>>
>>18420906
the only people that are allowed to volunteer in this town are court ordered to. there arent enough openings for everyone so they only take the ones they have to. its a small disturbing town.
>>
>>18421046

Stop making excuses. Start studying to be a nurse, teacher, something that helps people. Join a class or something to improve yourself and meet people. Join a club and start helping out. Join a non-profit in your town or nearby. Just do something with yourself.
>>
>>18421070
Fair enough,
>>
I've felt this way too. Like I'm always a sidekick and never the lead character. I feel as if I'm always playing a supporting role in anything I do. What I realized is I'm okay with that. I don't need to be in the limelight all the time. There are things that I have no trouble leading, but I'd rather just lay back. For every person playing the leading role, there are tens, hundreds or thousands of people supporting. It doesn't mean they're less important, if any one of them were not there the show wouldn't go on. If you didn't hold the light, how would the acting mechanic get the car fixed in the dark. If you didn't hold the ladder, the guy working on the ladder would fall and be injured or possibly die. Supporting roles are absolutely essential. None of us are an island and most things worth doing required more than one person.
>>
>>18421095
i suppose there is a reason that the phrase "behind every successful ____ stands a supportive ___"
i can be support and have skills, maybe they're just behind the scene skills. Tank isn't invulnerable without the Bard's buff, there is no concert without the light and sound guy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.