[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating someone with a child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I just started dating this girl I've fell for ever since I met her years and years ago. We have part ways and bumped onto each other again recently and started going out. It was a nice surprise, she had a thing for me since back then too and we are having a great time together.

I'm 27, she is 29. She has a son age 7 and divorced the father 3 years ago.

I know /adv/ has a lot of teenagers and so on, but if there is anyone here who has been in such a situation, I would like to ask how that was. Specially if there are any mothers and fathers here who went out to date other people and share their side of the experience.
>>
>>18420474
just keep in mind that her child is her top priority. not you.
>>
>>18420474
Dating someone with child sucks because most of time they'll make their child priority, especially if the child is still a young twerp. I've dated a similar girl like yours, but back then she was 28 with a 5 year old son. Took me a while, but then I realize everything she's doing is focusing on her son and she constantly trying to mold me into her son's new father rather than trying to have more fun together and knowing each other better. Needless to say, I break contact with her.

The one with grownup child is different though, they're more eager and most importantly will focus on you more like when they're still single. Downsides are they usually will be 40+ years old. A year ago I've a fling with one, she was a rare nowadays since she's 43 and her ass still tight. Tits are bit too saggy for my tase, but at least her technique in bed was amazing enough.
>>
>>18420755
Curious, do you feel women are only good for sex?
>>
>>18420758
Not that guy, but although the last two lines in his post weren't really necessary, I don't see anything in his post that implies he feels women are good only for sex.
>>
>>18420758
No. Sex is nice of course, but I'd prefer it better if it come along with a healthy lovey-dovey relationship.

Kids are nice of course I want them, but if every times she's bringing her kids to a convo, even if it's not supposed to be talking about children or things, it'll become annoying after a while.
You now the type of woman who never stops blabbering about her kids.
>>
i'm 28 and i have a 6yo. i've been dating my bf for 2 years now.
we live together since one.

i've always been a bit anxious about dating again, because on one side, i want the new relationship to have room and time to grow, but i also can't just put my kid on stand by.
i also never wanted my bf to feel like he has to fill in a role that doesn't come naturally. and on top of that, it's a pretty big leap of faith to introduce someone to your kid. after all, they will get attached and then it will cause even more issues if things don't work out.

i met my bf 2 years before we started dating, so he knew i had a kid and he also knew my son a bit before dating was even a question.
he had his doubts too. his main concern was dealing with my kids dad and the child itself.
when we started going out, i was lucky enough to have an awesome support system in place. we could meet every weekend, thanks to my parents and my sister. he was also working abroad during the week, that made it easier, since spontaneous dates weren't possible.
after about 2 months of seein each other weekly, we went out WITH my son for the first time. it was really cute. they clicked instantly and that took a huge load off of us.

we also made time to go on vacation, just the two of us. that was very important. i never wanted him to feel like we can't do stuff other couples do, just because i have a child.
his converns about the dad also were unnecessary, since we have a distant but good relationship. no hard feelings either.
there's not a real bond between father and child, and that helped.

as time passed and we did more stuff together, my bf and my son developed a wonderful relationship on their own. they bonded a lot over doing stuff like building lego together, playing mario cart, he teached him to swim, and so on. i really couldn't have gotten more lucky.

ofc we also have issues. but if we notice them, we made it a prioritiy to adress them immediately and find solutions like adults.
>>
>>18420822
if you have any other questions, ask away.
>>
>>18420822
also, it's really cute; my son sometimes talks about him as "my dad" and my bf often refers to my son as "our son". granted, we have solid plans to get married and have more kids, so it's clear that they will keep those roles. my bf even wants to adopt him, so we can be a real family.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.