[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flight tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (96KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1200x675px
Hey /adv/

I'm going to be flying in to California next week, and I'm nervous because I've never actually flown before. How do I get through this flight without fucking something up.

Any tips, unspoken rules, whatever would be much appreciated.
>>
>>18419653
What airline?
>>
>>18419653
Don't know. Be polite to your rowmates. Try to keep trips to the bathroom at a minimum unless you have to. Also, don't fall out of the sky
>>
>>18419653
1. Board plane.
2. Sit down
3. Read book or watch movie.
4. Get off.
>>
>>18419653
When you fart spread cheeks very nonchalant,and wait at least 30 seconds pass before you sneak one. Then look around as whisper to person next to you" you smell that? What the fuck?"also sont drink more than 8 beers. Ive made that mistake. I pissed myself waiting in line for the bathroom and stumbled and fell getting out of the plane. Also don't wank off in the bathroom unless the fan is loud enough to distort the fapping sound, and try not to moan when you finish. Watch your language. Try not to say anything like fat, cunt, or nigger. Or you will dind it uncomfortable when a fat black women is giving you dirty looks the whole time. The chicken is always better then the fish. Also shower before you leave home to be courteous.
>>
buy gum to eliminate the pops in your ear when the plane ascends and descends, also if you get seasick prepare the barf bag lmao. Just don't look out the window and close your eyes once you start feeling woozy.
>>
>>18419993
>getting off on a crowded plane
MADMAN!
>>
If flying nationally, arrive at least 1 hour before the flight leaves.
If flying internationally, arrive at least 2 hours before the flight leaves.
If bringing a carry-on bag, you are not allowed to bring nail clippers, scissors, knives, liquids, weapons of any sort, aerosols of any sort, and a few other things, you can check TSA guidelines online.
However, you can bring most of those things in checked baggage. MOST, but not all. Again, TSA will have guidelines.

Carryon luggage needs to be kinda small. One bag / suitcase / backpack plus a small item like a purse sometimes. Carryons go under your seat if they fit, or in overhead compartments if they don't.

If flying internationally be prepared to declare things you bring in customs.

You won't be able to use phone, wifi, or electronics for a decent chunk of the flight (you have to reach a certain altitude before you can), so bring something to keep yourself entertained.

The airplane staff will review safety procedures before the flight. Since it's your first flight, pay attention! But once you know the rules you can pretty much ignore it as long as you know where the exits are.

The toilets might flush blue. This is normal.

Air conditioning and reading lights are above your head.

If it's a short flight, (1-2 hours) there will be a drink service in the middle. Sodas and water are complimentary, you can usually buy coffee or alcohol, too. Longer flights will have a snack, really long flights will usually provide a meal.

In general, to avoid being a nuisance, stow your luggage away and keep it packed nicely. If you need to get something, keep the bag organized so you don't have to root through it. Don't hang your legs everywhere, keep music volume reasonable, and don't hog the armrests.

In general, don't bother getting up to leave immediately unless you're in the very front. There's always a traffic jam. Just wait until the seats in front of you have emptied. You won't be leaving until they empty anyways.
>>
>>18420116
Also, keep your boarding tickets handy until you've passed through all security and are are the gate. You will need to show the, your ID, and possibly your passport multiple times.

There are self check-ins to get your own boarding passes but if it's your first time you probably want to go to a staffed check-in so they can show you how to load up checked baggage and where to go and such.

Also parking is usually ass and sometimes you have to wait for a shuttle. If you're going to park at the airport, add an extra half-hour to your time, just to be safe.
>>
>>18419653
Quick question are you nervous about the FLYING, or nervous about being enclosed in the plane? It's very different depending on which phobia you have.

I love to fly. It's one of the most beautiful relaxing things on earth. But it's hard for some people so my advice is;

1. Security is the worst part. Just do what you gotta do, show your tickets, scan your bags, and once you are done with that, the hard part is over.
2. The airplane is safe. It's not a death machine, crashes or incidents are very rare.
3. Unspoken rules: both middle arm rests are for the person in the middle. Don't take them.
4. dont try to cram a huge carry on into the space below your seat, put that in overhead
5. In the US, if your carry on weighs over 90 lbs, you get fined.
6. Don't try to bring liquids over 2 ounces onboard
7. If you get buzzed, walking through the metal detectors, this happens a lot. You probably forgot change or something in your pocket, or a belt. Don't worry. The guards don't dogpile on you or anything. Just take it out and show them.
8. I'm assuming you know how basic things like baggage claim and parking garages work so I won't lecture
9. Never say "allah" "terrorist" "bomb" "gun" in the airport, even jokingly
10. If you are obese you have to buy ten seats
11. Don't talk to people sitting near you unless they seem open to it.
12. If you have a infant or newborn, make sure they don't scream the whole way. Please for the love of god.

Other than that you should be fine
>>
>>18420200
Two seats*** not ten
>>
if its a long flight make sure to take a poo before the flight. poo on a plane is no good my dood. otherwise just download your fav tunes and bring headphones. its a bit boring but just youre FLYING so its okay if youre bored
>>
>>18420221
yeah, second this. if you've got lots of bags or are nervous and shit, just hit the handicapped john, that's got plenty of room to do whatever and dump your bags safely in the corner.
>>
>>18419653
Have you ever ridden a bus before?
>>
>>18420057
quality post
>>
>>18420264
Yeah. I used to ride the bus all the time during highschool.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.