[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contract Marriages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: forest2.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
forest2.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
For those that don't know, a contract marriage is when you marry a military member for benefits (increased pay, insurance, etc).

So my fwb recently enlisted in the military and it has come to my attention that spouses of military members get benefits and the benefit that mostly sticks out to me the extra money for housing.

Right now I am a student in a CC, so relocating is not an issue for me, in fact, I'd actually like to get out of my hometown, it's the primary motivator of getting a contract marriage for me at least. My fwb would also get a pay increase as well for having a dependent so it works out on both sides.

Is it worth doing? Are there any 'hidden' consequences that I should be aware of (other than it being illegal)? How much should we realistically be looking to pay for housing? I figure a 1bed/1bath apartment would be fine.
>>
>>18419148

and unlike greencard marriages you can actually get away with not living together because military men are often traveling and if you're in college that makes things easier. plus its hard to call it fake if you really do fuck.

that being said not living together makes the division of benefits more rough.

regardless, theres no real downfall other than what divorce can bring, but seeing as you seem to be the woman in this situation you dont have anythign to worry about.
>>
>>18419155
Well, I wouldn't mind living together as I am trying to leave my hometown anyway. That being said, though the extra pay is dependent on location, I've estimated it to be around 2-2.5k, and that's just for housing alone. Would it be a bad idea to get an apartment together?

As for divorce, I mean we both understand what is going on. This wouldn't be a marriage out of love/feelings, it would simply be for the benefits. Though, I know there is a risk of a partner developing feelings in situations like these.

That being said, looking up quotes for divorces seem to be outrageously high (25k?). But I'm assuming those are divorces which involve the bitching and bickering. How much would a smooth divorce be? Where both parties aren't fighting over shit (property, possessions, etc.) and just need the official document stating it's done.
>>
>>18419179

>would it be a bad idea to get an apartment together

maybe? depends on why you think it would be a bad idea.

as for divorce yes those involve bickering and what not. a smooth divorce is literally just signing some papers.

the issue i more meant is one of you getting upset then trying to take the others shit.

for instance say he meets a girl he wants to marry, and then expects a divorce but you're half way through college and dependent on him and also mad cuz he did something stupid.

suddenly it can get ugly.
>>
>>18419223
Being young (19) and new to housing outside of my parents, I have no idea what to expect when living outside of my parent's care. I'd assume it's just being a bit more responsible and the necessary bills, but I could be naive. Also with pricing as well. Is ~2.5k enough to support two people? I am apt to getting a job but unsure how much extra money would be necessary.

Though I do have that in mind, it isn't going to be a super long-term arrangement. Right now, being in CC, it doesn't matter much where I am located as all CC's are roughly the same. I plan on doing 1-2 semesters then transferring to a proper uni, so I'd only be a 'dependent' 2 years max.

I'm led to believe that it's a short enough time where it wouldn't be worth fucking me over instead of waiting for everything to be settled.
>>
>>18419179
If you both agree on everything you can have a lawyer draft the papers (and you file) for a few hundred bucks.
(You can also do it yourself but it's probably not worth it over a few hundred dollars.)

I'd probably consult with a lawyer who can tell you about any other issues in the state where you will be married. Might want a pre-nup too to avoid arguments down the line.

source: probably getting divorced

This doesn't sound worth it AT ALL. Don't do it.
>>
>>18419509
I'd like some input as to why you wouldn't think so? Not opposing the idea of not doing it, but I'd like to understand why not.

Mind you, I ask with ambiguity because this is relatively an unorthodox situation and looking online there's a lot of moral fags that say "Stop wasting tax payer money" or some shit along those lines.

To reiterate, we are not looking to get married because of love, just for the added benefits that the military gives to spouses. Is there any "gotchas" that I'm over looking that could bite me in the ass in the future?
>>
>>18419148
>>18419562
>I
>we

Notice how fast 'I' turned to 'we', lads?

this chad's fucked already , and he doesn't even know it.
>>
>>18419585
???

We, my partner and I.
>>
>>18419596
he's not your "partner", he just bangs you every now and again.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.