[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone around me is doing all sorts of amazing things that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: focus.jpg (10KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
focus.jpg
10KB, 257x196px
Everyone around me is doing all sorts of amazing things that I want to be doing, but when I try, I always fail for some reason or another. I want to get into gamedev. I've made a few games, but nothing amazing, and I've never made any money off them. I know a few people who are doing it, too, and they practically became famous overnight. I also want to try acting, but I've been rejected for almost every role I've auditioned for. Some of my friends, however, are not only acting, but even winning awards for it.
I also have a math test tomorrow that I'm probably going to fail; I should be studying right now but I can't even focus because I keep thinking about how I'm just going to fail no matter what, just like with everything else that I try to do.
I honestly don't even know what I'm asking here, I just need some advice on how to stay focused and not be afraid of other people's successes.
>>
>>18418950

Just keep trying. I know that sounds cliche but it makes a difference. If you ask me, your failures aren't REAL failures until you decide to give up. Sometimes failures are just mistakes, like bumps in the road. Learn from them and change how you act based on them.

Don't think of life as a race. Some people are always going to be ahead of you. Some people are behind you too. Just go at your own pace.

Giving up is what failure really is.
>>
>>18418950
>Everyone around me is doing all sorts of amazing things
No.
>>
>>18418950

every famous over night story has a prequel that spans years and years of failures like your own.

in the end do things because you love them, and even if you dont succeed you'll certainly enjoy it.
>>
Be sure they had their own failures on their ways too. Nothing comes freely to anyone when it comes to skills.

However I totally know where you are coming from, because I have the absolute same feeling right now. Just today people who said they'd call me to schedule a job interview didn't, and didn't pick up when I tried reaching them, the internet in my computer died in my office (ok on the mobile, only my pc for a dns error out of fucking nowhere), and the internet in my house is down. Yes, both at the same day, from different ISP.

So I feel you bro. Totally feel you.
>>
>>18418950
It feels like everyone has it easier than you because you can't personally feel and experience the weight of their problems.
>>
>>18419259
I'm going to sound like a shitposting "woe-is-me" loser here, but I really don't believe that I'll eventually succeed if I continue to try. If I've failed 100 times, the odds that I'll succeed on the 101st try are practically 0.

>>18419267
Maybe not by your standards, but they're definitely things that I think are amazing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.