[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I enjoy my hobby again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

For what felt like a streak for what feels like almost two years now, I have lost the urge to draw. It was something that I enjoyed doing my whole life since I was little. It got to a point where I wanted to make art my career and do it for the rest of my days, but it feels like a struggle to even hold a pencil in my hand.
I miss the creativity that I used to have. I would fill sketchbooks within weeks with ideas that I loved to draw, but that's not the case anymore. I've yet to fill a book I bought last year.

Have I just grown out of it? I don't want that to be the case because I still want to draw and better my craft, but it just becomes more and more difficult the more I try.
>>
>>18418919
I've gotten bored with hobbies before. It's fine. Get a different hobby instead.

Don't forget that the reason you are engaged in any hobby is because it's supposed to be a fun and relaxing activity. If all you're doing is constantly forcing yourself to become better than you are and it's making you anxious and stressed out, that means it's not a good hobby anymore.

On the other hand you need to realize that any hobby is going to take effort and it won't be fun every single time. Getting better at something takes a lot of effort, and if you feel you can get gratification out of getting better then that's a great thing. It just depends on whether you can get a good return on your investment.

One hobby I have involves deliberately putting myself through activities in a distinctly spartan setting, but most of the gratification I get out of that is the extremely close bond developed between members of the group and the way we redirect that stress through humor and relaxation. Essentially it's a hobby that makes you question what the fuck you are doing while you're doing it, but everyone feels the same way and that's the shared experience.

Another hobby of mine is a fairly complex game which involves pretty major elements of chance (but it's not gambling) and is nothing but endless and pointless suffering during those times you're having bad luck, but it feels great when you're lucky and winning all the time.

In short, if you hate your hobby, stop doing it, but if your hobby inherently involves dragging yourself through some shit and getting good stuff out of that, then you need to consider whether it's worth it.
>>
Always a fucking eye.
>>
>>18418919
Is that your drawing?
>>
>>18418977
>>18418974
it's just an image i found on google
>>
>>18418919
The same thing happened to me. I thought maybe I just needed a different medium. So I've been trying different forms of art, like paint markers, making felt "dolls", sculpey, and wood carving. I love the wood carving currently.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.