[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck at a low action desk job for 3 hours alone, suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm stuck at a boring desk job for 3 hours working at my library and my friend who has the same shift as me is out for the day. All it requires of me is handing papers to customers and recording their names when they come by my desk like every twenty minutes. My question is, what are some suggestions for killing time by yourself? I can't use my phone and electronics are out of the question. My job requires me to be attentive so I'm not sure if my superiors would be fine with my head stuck in a book when I'm supposed to serve customers.
>>
>>18418597
puzzles like sudoku and crossword and chess
>>
You can't really do anything "entertaining" if you're not even allowed to use your phone (lol). The only thing that comes to mind is meditation.
>>
Basically the number one rule of work is this: when you're at work you should always be working unless your boss specifies otherwise. Being too lax can lead to you being fired for obvious reasons, or could prevent you from getting a good reference or better job at that same location. Your priority should be to impress them with your ability and ethic.

There's always something work related to do and 3 hours isn't a long time when it comes to your job. Ask them if there's something else work related that you can do during your down time, or try to come up with something on your own and ask if it'd be okay to work on it. I'd be really surprised if they didn't have SOMETHING for you to help with.
>>
3 hours is nothing man.
Try working 6 at a boring desk job.
>>
Get a Rubik's cube
>>
>>18418597

What access to the internet do you have? Any? There's a lot of games these days that you can play in-browser. It's a little risky, but a thought. Depends on if someone is looking over your back a lot.

But three hours isn't really a lot. Back when I was in low skilled retail work I used to just daydream and come up with ideas for comics while I was standing in a front room occasionally folding a shirt.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.