[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work shifts >shift before me never does their work propperly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2736.jpg (60KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
60KB, 1200x1600px
>work shifts
>shift before me never does their work propperly and doesn't clean up anything
>can't just let it be like that because the shift after me is a different one
>have reported it to the shift manager
>has told me that he will "discuss it at the next meeting"
>hasn't done so because he's a pussy

what should i do? this is causing my shift to having to clean up stuff that's not our responsibility and falling behind with our work.
>>
>>18418357
This happens everywhere people woek multiple shifts, if you arent in management just do wat youre told and go home.

Quit being a taddle tale
>>
Remind him again, and emphasize how time and money is therefore wasted cleaning up the previous shift.

If that doesn't work you may have to go above him or tell him that you will.
>>
>>18418365
but it causes the whole process to be slowed down, resulting in us not reaching the supposed productivity, basically in huge financial loss for the company.
idgaf what they do, but i hate that their unprofessionality causes me to not being able to deliver the quality of work i could if i could actually do my work and not that of others.

>>18418366
that was the plan. maybe i have to remind him again.
>>
>>18418377
Do the actual math behind it, measure the amount time it takes to clean up the previous shift by the labor cost (hourly wage of all employees on the shift)

When people see numbers it makes it more real.
>>
>>18418388
it's quiet obvious. we work a huge machine and when it's not cleaned propperly it causes the machine to stop and have malfunctions and every hour she's standing still results in a financial loss of 30'000$...
>>
>>18418399
also, the productivity of a shift is measured by their output and if the machine stands still because those fuckers haven't done their job then it will reflect badly upon us. if we don't reach a certain amount of output it might even be that the whole company gets outsourced to countries where production is cheaper, so basically, my job depends on this.
>>
I guess it isn't obvious to the other manager or they just don't care.
>>
>>18418415
he thinks it will reflect badly on him. he would rather "keep this down" and let the ones above him assume that this is just the normal amount of malfunctions the machine has. but it's also dangerous. it can cause explosions and such if they don't clean properly. i don't need my head blown to bits thanks to those lazy asshats.
>>
Can you talk to the people who work the machine the shift before and explain it to them directly?
>>
>>18418419
we've done that and they get defensive and take it personal.
we showed them the shit they haven't cleaned and all they said was "yeah well that was an exception". no, it wasn't...

i even had one tell me to "mind my own business".
>>
It is probably the way you say it, if you speak the way you write you sound very by the book very german.

You might do well to read Dale Carnegie's book how to win friends and influence people.
>>
>>18418440
kek, you're right.

i've read that book. hasn't helped with the situation.
>>
>>18418357
Bring it up in the next meeting, drop it on the table, your coworkers on your shift will respect you for it, and your supervisor will be forced to address it.
>>
You are going to have working on those convincing skills then, brush up on your rhetoric.

Express your fears of you all being laid off.
>>
>>18418453
we only have shift intern meetings, but i'll make sure to adress it again next time.

>>18418454
very well, i'll take the advice.
>>
Take photos of shit not being clean before your shifts - that way you have evidence.

Work out exactly how much time it takes you to clean up their shit, and work out how much money the company is therefore spending on you cleaning up their shit.

Send the evidence + the calculations to your shift manager. He's still a pussy? Escalate.
>>
This post reminds me how stupid and lazy people are.
>>
>>18418357
Start looking for another job, when you find another job. Tell them exactly why you quit for the other job.

If people don't change their ways after attempts to convince them to you have two options. You can accept their behavior or leave and not deal with their shit anymore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.