[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boss wants me to cancel my hollidays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1490490579554.jpg (2MB, 2894x1919px) Image search: [Google]
1490490579554.jpg
2MB, 2894x1919px
i found a company and started to work in March as a software engineer and I'm still in probation if that matters.

Few minutes ago my boss and my chief wanted to see me. In august there are a few people taking holidays at the same time and he wants me to replace them. Problem is that I wanted to take some vacations for a week (5 to 13 august). I already paid a few stuff but my boss just told me that if it's just about the money he could refund me what I already spent.

He said he won't force me to cancel my holidays, but that it was important for me to be there during this time, he made it clear to me that he was counting on the fact I would be there.

My holidays is an organised trip by my martial art club (go to the beach and train for a week, the whole trip is cheap) so I can't postpone it.

What should I do ?
Cancel my holidays, ask my boss to refund what I spent etc. ?
Tell my boss to fuck off and go in vacation ?

Both of them agreed that I was a good element in the company and that I'm doing a good work. my probation end in october so I'll probably have to re negotiate my contract in september or so, and I can use the fact that I cancelled my holidays to make the pay grow faster.

What annoys me the most is that I took some engagements towards a few people, including the teacher that organize the trip and two friends that goes there and I already told them I was going.
>>
>>18417575
If you scheduled it first and told him months in advance (like before you even got hired), then I personally would go. If this was a "last minute" vacation then you should cancel it.
>>
I don't know what you're asking other people about this for. It's up to you to decide what's more important to you.

A few things that you could consider though. Did they already approved your holiday before? If they did, them changing their mind is very unprofessional. This kind of things happen all the time though, people make mistakes. More importantly, those people who want to take off days during the same time as you, did they ask for it before or after you? If they asked after you, were they also asked to cancel their plans? This is very important, because if there were people who asked for it after you and then the boss told you to cancel your plans so they can go he's pretty much treating you unfairly and you shouldn't put up with it otherwise it will keep happening.
>>
>>18417587
It was more like
>Hey anon do you want come with us to this trip ?
>Yeah but I got to see with my boss if I can

>Boss can I take vacation this week un august ?
>Sure go

>Start paying stuff for the holidays
>Tell some Friends i'll go with them

And after a week he just asked me to cancel
>>
Just cancel your trip dude. It's a karate club not your career. Gain some favor with your superiors.
>>
>>18417575
If you told them about your vacation plans before you accepted the position then I'd go on vacation. I'd also start looking for a new job because you told them about your plans and they fvked you.

Reminder to everyone who is looking for a new job. Tell your future employer's about any and all potential vacation plans up to 6 months out.
>>
If you went on the Karate trip, would you be able to enjoy it after turning down your employer? I'd personally cancel my plans on this factor alone, the doubt would fucking kill it for me. I'd be thinking about work for the whole of it. Not fun.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.