[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I leave my fiance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I am in my mid-20s and engaged with a good woman. She has a good head on her shoulders, financially steady, and we've been dating for the last 5 years.
We met online and had and still have very little in common. I am a big computer nerd since i work IT for the government and she has a really good job too as an district manager for a west coast bank. But, again we share very little in common. When I get exited for playing in my sandbox/testing environment she complains that I spend too much time on the computer. Since we have been together my artsy side had diminished and I've become more professional and I don't feel like myself anymote. We do have fun, mostly at restaurants or amusement parks but I feel we may have lost our spark. She is stresses from work and lashes out at me on a daily basis, when I give her her space she yells at me for not being there and when I am there she yells at me to leave her alone.

We are to be married soon and I feel like it may not be the best move since I will be locked to be the person that I am not. And I feel like I'm in too deep to leave. I'm at losses her to figure out what should I do. I still love her but I don't think I'm in love with her anymore. I feel like we are more like glorifies roommates.

Now fast forward few weeks after this realization I started to talk to a childhood friend from my hometown. We used to crush on each other at bad times, she had a boyfriend or I was dealing with family issues like death and what not. She was always My type cute, nerdy, and slightly awkward like myself. My friend has always been artistic and we used to paint together, but currently she is not in a good career path.

I am conflicted on what to do because I want to make my Fiance happy but I want to be happy also. My friend is not really in the picture but I definitely can see myself being with her after I figure out myself.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18417317
Met online? Really?
Well on the other hand , let me ask u this. Do u really want to force ur self in a marriage u don't like. Man u only have a limited amount of time on this earth to be happy, don't u want to be happy?
After ur married only 2 out come exists, divorce or live with her for the rest of ur life. Can u do that?
>>
>>18417317
I recommend talking to your fiancee about this and tell her you need some things to change before you're ready to take a vow. You love her enough to get engaged to her, give her a chance to be the wife you need her to be. You have to talk to her and try and resolve these feelings before anything.

As far as being more professional than you used to be, welcome to adulthood. I don't know what you want anybody to tell you about that.
>>
>>18417685
fpbp
>>
>>18417895
>>18417685
actually second post best post... fuck
>>
>>18417317
Alright I'm a literal 18 yr old who's only had one gf but there's a simple thing you need to consider:

Are you happy?

If you're not, communicate. COMMUNICATION IS KEY.
Talk to her about this shit and if she is a bitch about it or refuses to change then do what makes you happy.
>>
>>18417518
Ask yourself this OP, do you really want to take advice from someone who writes like they're 14?
>>
>>18417317
From the way you write I can tell you re a faggot. Man...drop those bitches and be your true faggot self
>>
>>18417317

marrying you fiance isnt going to make her happy unless you put on a 24/7 act for the rest of your life to convince her this isn't some lie.

bvreak up with her. its time. this isn't just cold feet you're experiencing here. dont sign away your life just to please a glorified roommate.
>>
Marriage is a nigthmare that you will have a hard time waking up from. If things are this way now, trust me, please trust me on this, it IS gonna get worse once you marry. I might even be optimistic and say things will just stay the same. What I can say for sure though, is that they won't improve. You want to make this woman happy, but if you ain't managing now that you haven't even marry, you're in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>18417317
Your happiness first, my man. You want to make your fiance happy? Fine, but remember this saying, a healthy doctor is needed to cure the patient.

Be happy first before you tried to make others happy, fool.
You obviously had sparks before, set your woman straight, man. If you couldn't be happy with her after deeply thinking about lots of reason, then move away.
>>
>>18417317
Why are you even in marrying her in the first place if you have very little in common? I guess it's because the cybersex was serious since you met her online.
>>
>>18417685
>>18417904

Absolutely these. Talk to her about it and lay your cards out on the table. Be frank and honest.

The best that could happen is it saves your engagement and future marriage.

The worst that could happen is you two split up - which, if that happens, means you weren't meant to be married anyway.

Really it's a win-win scenario. Just talk to her man
>>
>>18417317

>we used to crush on each other at bad times

This kind of sounds like you both use each other as a security blanket/emotional tampon when things are going badly in your respective relationships. This is not a healthy foundation for a new relationship.

If your relationship doesn't feel right with your current partner, you need to speak to her about this and work out what you want to do. If you want to end the relationship, do so because you see no future with her, not because you think somebody else might be better for you.
>>
>>18417317
Have you set the date?
Have you mailed out invitations?

The closer you get to the date the harder it will be to end it. If you want to end it do it NOW because it will not get any easier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.