[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a dehumidifier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CR-BG-Dehumidifier-Medium.jpg (12KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
CR-BG-Dehumidifier-Medium.jpg
12KB, 400x392px
Should I buy a dehumidifier? It gets pretty hot in my apartment (faces south towards the sun) and there's not really any way to connect an AC unit of any sort. Would a dehumidifier help at all with the heat?

I live in the prairies which I thought were supposed to be drier (could be wrong), I'm honestly completely unsure how much a dehumidifier will do.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
>>
>>18417293
It won't do anything if you have the will does open.
>>
>>18417308
Well I knew that already. Thanks though.
>>
>>18417293
As its name might suggest, a dehumidifier reduces humidity. It has no effect on temperature.
>>
>>18417394
Now I'm feeling pretty confident I've clearly asked the wrong place... in case you didn't know, humidity in the air greatly affects what temperature it feels like.
>>
>>18417293
> I'm honestly completely unsure how much a dehumidifier will do.
Can you feel the humidity?
If not, a humidifier probably won't make a very palpable difference.

If you take https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidex to /r9k/ or /sci/ they might crunch the numbers or make an app to do it.
>>
>>18417400
No, you've asked the question wrong. The fact is that there are many places with "dry" heat.

The question you meant to ask was "My room is both hot and very humid. Would buying a dehumidifier sufficiently solve my problem, or should I get an air conditioner?"

The answer is that a dehumidifier is generally of value only in really dank places, like a cellar, and it would probably be more efficient to go for a fan or open window (to at least change the air regularly) or an air conditioner (to actively cool it).
>>
>>18417293
Air conditioners are also dehumidifiers. That's the nature of how they work. Just buy a window AC.
>>
just get an a/c man.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CSGGUUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this ones pretty good if you have restrictions about what can hang out of your window cuz at worse its just a hose, and at best, its nothing (i push mine up against the wall so the hose hangs out).

its less than 300 bucks and ive been using it for two summers now its great even here in los angeles. I can run it for like an hour and that usually keeps me cool until morning. on hot nights i might wake up and run it for another hour, but the timer turns it off for me.
>>
get a reverse cycle ducted aircon with built in dehumidifier. works great
>>
A dehumidifier will make it hotter.
Thats how it removes the moisture from the air. It has coils that get cold, humidity condenses on the coils and drips off.
The act of condensing the gas in the coil creates heat.
>>
>>18417403
Thank you for the closest thing to a real answer. I might try to look for historical humidex rates for my area and see how far they differ from the real temps and use that to make some decision.

>>18417935
>>18418065
>>18418106
You retarded fuckers need to learn how to read the OP.
>>
>>18417293
A dehumidifier is literally an A/C unit in an enclosed space that condenses water on the coolant line and then blows this dry air past its hot condenser coils.

My dehumidifier brings my room up to 85-90F when its being ran without significant house A/C
>>
>>18417935
While AC units force condensation on hot humid air by cooling it down, that still keeps the relative humidity of AC air fairly high. The absolute humidity in AC air is lower than that of the hot air so the average humidity in the room goes down with the temperature, but AC air is by no means dehumidified.
>>
>>18418987
Technically, if water is condensing, the air around the coolant tubes is at 100% relative humidity
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.