[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anorexia support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Anorexica.jpg (89KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
Anorexica.jpg
89KB, 600x475px
Hey guys, my girlfriend has anorexia, i know she needs a doctor and all that. The thing i wanna ask you is how i can be there for her when she vomits, when she gets sad because she feels fat. How to comfort her and just make her feel a little better. I'm sure there are here some people who had to deal with similar situations.
>>
>>18417242
>dating a mentally ill person

Save yourself grief, dump her and find a fit, stable girl.
>>
I had anorexia so I can understand where shes at. Number one thing is don't yell at her or get overly mad with her, its frustrating but that kind of thing will push her away. Tell her how beautiful she is and how much you love her, and just that you're there for her no matter what and that you want to help her get better. Try not mention weight around her, even if you're just talking about yourself.

Something to remind you of though is that she isn't going to get better until she herself wants to recover. So you can force it down her throat all you want and threaten her but at the end of the day none of thats going to work until she actually wants it. Its going to be really hard for you desu because there really isn't that much that you can do other than be supportive to her.
>>
>>18417242
>when she vomits
This is a symptom of bulimia, not anorexia, btw.

But honestly, I had a sister with anorexia and bulimia and there's not much you can do. Leave it to the professionals and just be there for her. Do with her things you'd do with a gf without such an illness. Do things together, take her fun places, give her complements that don't relate to her weight in any way. Listen to her when she wants to talk, but don't pressure her to speak if she doesn't want to. Just be a bf, not a nurse. With such disorders, good times and some level of normalcy are mote important than trying to "help" her. Just remember never to nag about food and don't put her in situations that might trigger an episode.
>>
Also, its good to remember that none of this is your fault. Don't blame your self or beat yourself up over this because Its probably very stressful for you. Her starving herself doesn't mean she doesn't love you or that you are doing something wrong. My boyfriend had thoughts like that when I was doing bad so I just want to remind you not to take her actions personally.
>>
>>18417242
She has a deeper underlying problem she's not dealing with. Talk to her, help her, understand her.
>>
I don't wanna address the illness, i just wanna be supportive and make her happy, i don't get mad at her or yell and i don't think she doesn't love me. It just hurts me seeing the person i love unhappy. I accept her with her illness and i told her that i love her with good and bad and that i'm gonna be here no matter what.
>>
>>18417252
I don't wanna dump her, i don't run when things are hard.
>>
>>18417278
Yes, she's bulimic and anorexic. That's the thing i'm looking for, how to be there for her, not solve her problems, but rather just be a good support for her.
>>
>>18417413
I don't even understand her at times, she's almost like bypolar, but not quite, could this be triggered by daddy issues?
>>
>>18417242
she needs professional help, and you should consult with said professional about this question
good luck
>>
>>18418461
Where could i reach out to professional help?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.