[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop making shit up and compulsively lying to strangers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1948.jpg (470KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1948.jpg
470KB, 1080x1920px
How do I stop making shit up and compulsively lying to strangers?
>>
>>18416829
Talk to a doctor.
Also what on earth kind of language is that?
>>
>>18416834
I'm already seeing a shrink about something else, I'd be worried to annoy them for something else.

Finnish.
>>
>>18416829
become a novelist and make bucketloads of money from your godgiven talent.
>>
>>18417001
I'm halfway through writing a book.

Been working on it for like 8 years and still stuck on the second draft.
>>
>>18417039
>you need to stop making shit up and compulsively lying to strangers
>>
>>18417043
It just slips. Mostly while lies to explain my annoying behaviours.

I got lost in a strange city today and ended up asking directions to a location stupidly easy to find from where I was and it's just easier to explain I've got problems with reading comprehension than to let them know I'm too fucking dumb to read street signs.
>>
work on your selfesteem. you think you need to make your own life bigger than it is because itms not awesome enough on it's own. basically, you think you're not worthy of admiration and love so you dramaturgize everything.
>>
>>18417064
The shit I say is mostly mild disabilities. After someone's repeated themselves the third time, it's just easier to blurt out "sorry, I'm a bit hard of hearing" than just annoy them more.
>>
I'm with you OP. I find myself lying a lot to cover small things. Sometimes I'll even lie if telling the truth is easier but the lie is good.
>>
>>18417092
then your issue is still selfesteem, but it's manifested more in unhealthy amounts of shame.
shame is still what happens when you think you're not worthy enough to display anything short of perfection.
>>
>>18417114
Also, my age. Like I won't flat-out lie about it, but whenever someone vastly underestimates it (babyfaced manlet, often mistaken for a teen), I don't easily correct them.

>>18417120
What can I do about it?
>>
>>18417128
the antidote to shame is vulnerability.
>>
>>18417134
I'm too dumb for aphorisms.
>>
>>18417141
that's no aphorism. you need to adopt vulnerability. vulnerability is only scary if you think you're not resilient enoigh to endure it if your vulnerability gets you hurt. the truth is that most of the time, vulnerability doesn't generate any disadvantage and is seldomly used against you. what it does is draw people to you.
but the whole point of vulnerability is to show it even thought it's scary. that's why it's the most respectable strength one can have.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.