[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Go to a BDSM Meet & Greet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I've been interested in BDSM for a while now, but never got into it. I decided to maybe check out some local groups and info sessions and whatnot. They often hold things called "munches" that aren't sexual events in themselves, and are typically held in pubs or coffee shoppes or restaurants with a vanilla dress code.

However, I do have some reservations about going to meet these people... what if they are all creepy old fat guys with soul patches? I'm not even checking out the scene to hook up with people (I'd rather just do this stuff with an SO instead of, I dunno, going to sex clubs or whatever), but it would still be a bit more comfortable if there were people in my age group, preferably women. I don't know how comfortable I would be talking to other dudes about sex stuff, especially weird old dudes. Or even weird old women.

Is going to one of these things just a really bad idea, or
>>
File: tumblr_n7gnbqK3dM1tdxr6xo1_500.gif (500KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7gnbqK3dM1tdxr6xo1_500.gif
500KB, 500x278px
>>18416813
>I don't know how comfortable I would be talking to other dudes about sex stuff, especially weird old dudes. Or even weird old women.
Then don't go. Most of those people are weirdoes. There are mainly four types of people going to such meet ups:

a) The old fucks which can't get young women through a succesful life and try to beat their midlife/ endlifecrisis. Biggest group there is.

b) Old/ugly women which think they're "mature" and want young boys to fuck their old, crusty plum.

c) Couples watching out for a threesome (=beautiful, young women only). Usually they only come 2-3 times before realizing that every other nice looking person there is also a couple looking for an additional gril.

d) Young dudes which think slapping a gril while fucking her is BDSM or thinking (like group c) that this way they can find a nice submissive woman.

The older those people are, the higher the probability that they are into really degenerate stuff or are otherwise fucked in the head. And I mean real degeneracy (like causing congestion due make more friction while fucking or living with an open buttplug which leads directly into a trashbag while in public). People which identify with their sexuality usualy have a screw lose. Or a few. Would not recommend.
>>
>>18416813
Do you live in a big city? If you do, they should have "munches" that are age specific, usually for the younger crowd. Or try the novice groups. They also have female only ones. Just look around more if you want to get specific.
You could also contact the organizer and tell them you're new. They should look out for you and they can have someone walk you through it so you don't get overwhelmed.
If you live in a less populated area then you'll have to deal with whatever's there.

If you really want to go, you can always go to the place, quickly glance around, and pretend you're just a regular customer if you don't like what you see. Or just walk past the place while sneaking a peek inside.

And there's always that "bdsm social networking" site (FL) if you just want to chat with people about it. Google it.
>>
i think there will only be some fat old couples who think they are sexually revolutionary by "spicing things up" with an eye mask and furr-padded hand cuffs. i really wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of people...
>>
>>18416849
>People which identify with their sexuality usualy have a screw lose. Or a few. Would not recommend.

Yeah, for me, my interest in BDSM isn't an "identity." I don't want to be a "dom" or a "sub" or any other title. It's just something I wanna do, and I'd preferably both be dominated and dominate a partner. I guess they call that "switch," but that seems as weird as identifying a guy as a "blow-job receiver" because he receives blow jobs.

>>18416863
I've actually just recently signed up on FetLife, as that's how I found out about upcoming events. I couldn't find anything about events in my city from Google.

My city is of moderate size. Looking at FetLife, it looks like there is a forum devoted to younger people in my city. I don't know if they are holding any munches anytime soon, though. I could find no info on that.

Yeah, I might just poke my head in the pub, and if everybody at the table resembles Keith Flint if he were cast in a Mad Max movie, I'll bail.
>>
>>18416813
I went to a couple but I was too shy and didn't really talk to anyone unless asked directly. Consequently, I made no friends and got nowhere (no friends, no play partners). Plus I was 22 at the time and the next youngest person there was mid 30s and she was a lesdom.

I gave up on fetlife shortly after. Still into some kinks, but I don't even try to act them out.
>>
I would love to date a submissive man, did you try femdom.dating?
>>
>>18416813
Munches are generally safe and friendly - the group's leaders keep an eye on any weirdos to keep them from scaring off newbies.

If you are hit on, it will be by couples looking for a unicorn and desperate sub guys. The rules of courtesy require them to accept "I'm just looking around" as a don't-rush-me signal.

If in doubt, figure out who are the organizers or social leaders of the event and gravitate toward them. They'll welcome and protect you.

(And yes, it is generally the case that people in such clubs are at least in their 30s, if only because it takes a while for people to discover and admit their kinks.)
>>
In my experience people in the 'scene' are always insufferable. Anyone who builds their identity around their kink/sexual orientation is usually making up for a terminal lack of personality, or just a complete lack of social grace.

But, it depends on what you want out of the experience. Don't expect to find any hot girls looking for a daddy.
>>
>>18417407
Haven't tried that. I tried Whiplr, but it's a pretty shitty app. There's barely anybody on it. After messaging all 12 of the attractive girls in my age range (well, the ones I thought would probably be attractive… so many of them don't even have any face pics) and receiving exactly zero responses, I deleted my account and the app.

I'm not really an online-dating guy in the first place. Never even used Tinder. I'm not really looking to use FetLife as a dating site, but rather more like a resource for info. I'd totally like a woman to dominate me, but I'd also like to switch instead of playing one "role."

>>18417479
>>18417529

Thanks for the perspectives. I just made a thread on FetLife asking if there are younger people on the scene, and I got some responses from people my age saying that, though the range is broad, there are plenty of people my age who are probably going to tonight's munch.

I'm guessing that the catch is that they are all going to be fat chicks, but whatever. At least I can still talk to people with a similar interest and gain info, even if I'd never do anything with them. Worst case scenario is that it's super creepy and weird and I never go or see those freaks again.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.