[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting off people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: cutoff.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cutoff.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
After a really bad breakup, I found out some of my friends weren't my friends. WIthout going into any details, I can assure you they deserved to be completely cut off.

I realized people usually are friends until the shit hits the fan, and decided that I will have no scrupules to cut off friends that either don't have my back in trying times or actually betray me anymore.

One by one, I have started to cut people calling themselves my friends for years for good reasons, but I now I have almost none left. The ones I have, haven't done me wrong since my resolution to cut off toxic people, but I have no temper left for any mistakes and if they cross a certain line I'll cut them off as well, which will leave me in total desolation.

Some say that if everyone smells like shit, maybe I should check my shoes but again: without going into detail I can assure you that they have betrayed me in shitty ways. I'm becoming more and more bitter at the world and the fact that I can't expect decency or friendship from friends. I have started to not trust anyone, and my fuse is shorter than it has ever been.

I don't want to end up bitter and lonely, but my past experiences with both relationships and friendships have left me in a state of mind that tells me to not get any new friends, be very wary of people and only blame myself if someone stabs me in the back the second time.

Has anyone been through this before?
>>
>>18416745
be ready to completely isolate yourself at this pace unless you're able to pull off the near impossible, finding actually decent people that want to associate with you actively.
>>
You smell like my friendo, he got rly sensitive after a breakup and started confronting friends over stupid shit, gave me the cutting off toxic people speech.
How did they betray you, friend?
>>
Friend 1, maybe just a people-pleaser?
I mean, If you broke up with her most recently, it's not your business if she moves on.

Friend 2, girl, nuff said.

Friend 3 sounds like a riot
>>
>>18416745
Just remember you can never unburn bridges.
>>
>>18416782
>Friend 1, maybe just a people-pleaser?
Yes, or a total pussy. Depends on how you look at things. Not taking a stand for a friend is indeed taking a stand against him especially if you befriend the other guy. Not much into bro code stuff, but this should be obvious as to why I cut him off.

>girl, nuff said
So I shouldn't expect more from people is what you're saying? Cause that's my conclusion too

Friend 3 is a riot, I love the assbag but that really broke my trust
>>18416783
I don't want to unburn them. I despise those people for what they did. Question is if everyone is like that in the end, because I sure as fuck haven't seen anything contrary.
>>
>>18416745
1. Quit pulling the wrong people in so close.

2. Quit blaming others for you being gullible.

3. Teach people how to treat you. You have to have a backbone. Stand up and fight for what's fair

4. You don't get to pick and flick your friends like boogers. You have to take people for what they are and accept that they have no obligation to you aside from not being unfair to you. If people are taking advantage of you it's because you let them.

This cutting people off shit is weakness because the truth is you're too scared of your friends' not liking you to stand up to them. Again, get a backbone. Have the nuts to stand up and say "hey man, you're my friend and all, but this shit is unfair" etc. etc.
>>
>>18416954
>1. Quit pulling the wrong people in so close.
I have started with this, but to be fair the ones who were close to me took a long time to become my "friend". I'll be way more wary.
>2. Quit blaming others for you being gullible.
Agreed, will do. Not blaming them for me being gullible, I blame them for being backstabbers.
>3. Teach people how to treat you. You have to have a backbone. Stand up and fight for what's fair
I've talked to some, and they either don't get it what's wrong/are self apologetic. It boils down to me dishing out punches, and I don't want stuff to come to that again. I still regret punching a friend although he deserved it.
>4. You don't get to pick and flick your friends like boogers. You have to take people for what they are and accept that they have no obligation to you aside from not being unfair to you. If people are taking advantage of you it's because you let them.
Or because they are shitstains and pretend to be one thing for over six years until you really need them and then they just fuck you up more.

>his cutting people off shit is weakness because the truth is you're too scared of your friends' not liking you to stand up to them
Biggest kek, I had expressed my opinions, next thing would be fighting them so I cut them off instead.
>>
>>18416745
im older than you so i know stuff:

yes the wrong people are going to come & go into your life, but its the good ones who stay.

i was like you constantly wound up ready to explode at anyone (sound familliar?)

but i learned over the years it just makes you a bitter twisted human being that no-one wants to be around...

your friends will be your friends through thick and thin its usually when things are going to shit are where your REAL friends are.

what puts things for you in perspective is death or disease. think about this
>if you were dying tomorrow how many of those friends could you count on to be there for you?
if the answer is none you need better friends...
>>
>>18416745
I'd be friends with you anon.

The worst you could expect from me is intense sarcasm and piss taking.

I still drive out at 3am to pick up my drunk ass friends knowing full well that they would never do the same for me.

It would be nice to have someone to just chill and play video games with, maybe go bowling or go shit on a garbage movie together in the theatre.

There are people out there man, they are just as bad off as you are.
>>
>>18416988
What do you mean by self-apologetic? If you think the people around you are bad people then I have to wonder what drew you to them in the first place? Was it because they were just there?
>>
>>18417193
It's obvious because OP is a bad or at the least a emotionally unstable person himself, whether he's aware of this or not. There's a reason why there's idioms like "Misery loves company" and other bad people idioms. I doubt OP is such an angel that he just so happens to keep attracting so any bad friends that he can't even find one genuine person to be his friend. I'm not saying good people always attract good people but he can't be this innocently gullible if he's on 4chan. Also probably a factor as why he won't go into any detail or explanation cause deep down, his heart knows why.
>>
>>18416745
I am the same way anon. I know it's not the best solution but it's the only realistic thing I can do to protect myself. No one can hurt us anymore.
>>
>>18417045
If death and disease helps me put those things in perspective as to me cutting them off, why don't they think in the same perspective about fucking me over?
>>18417130
Piss taking - I love it and feed off of it from good friends. I would drive you home at 3AM but you wouldn't hear the end of it if you puked in the car.
>>18417193
They aren't bad people, they just let me down when I needed them the most and/or were assholes. Self-apologetic because when I told them that I don't want anything to do with them, they always go "Yeah I'm sorry but I did it cause [insert bullshit] but I can see how that's wrong hehe".
>>18417259
I'm far from an angel or perfect. Far from it, but when I fuck up, I take full responsibility and apologize/fix the situation. I never stay on the side lines when a friend needs me to back him/her up so as to avoid any trouble. I went into detail, but most of those "details" that you so want are pretty case specific and some of those assholes browse /adv/. I deleted the post.
>>18417415
Oddly enough I feel way better for some reason. I can't really tell if it's denial, actually feel a lot better or that it's better before it gets worse (the isolation).
>>
>>18417691
Trust me it's better befote it gets worse. You'll look back on this in regret I garuntee it. Oh well. Sometimes you have to fall on your face before you learn not to trip. Good luck in your future relationships OP.
>>
>>18417691
Your name start with a C, by chance?
>>
>>18416745

Being involved in a break up, even as a friend, can be very difficult. People have to choose their allegiance and it's very rarely a straight forward choice, especially given that both sides will give different stories which paint them in a favorable light.

Have you considered that perhaps your friends responded to the break up in the way they thought was the best option at the time? Chances are they didn't do anything maliciously and even though you may feel like you've been let down, it might not be what they intended.

I think cutting off your friends out of some fear that they might do something again is slightly short-sighted. It seems like you're angry at your ex girlfriend and the messy break up, and you're holding your friends responsible for how bitter you feel about it. It isn't their fault and despite not handling it properly when it comes to choosing sides or whatever happened (you weren't clear), they have no responsibility for your relationship breaking down.

You will find that you have no friends left and as you get older, it becomes much more difficult to make friends. It would have been more sensible to perhaps take a break from these friends, work on getting over the break up, and then making contact again in the future when you have dealt with your feelings. You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot by reacting so quickly.
>>
>>18416752
This, we'll need a little more detail other than "They betrayed me so fuck em"
>>
>>18417751
>>18417789
Friend was talking shit behind my back and befriended her new fuckboi. We were friends since middle school. He knew her for a year and the guy for a couple of months. He also knew about them but didn't tell me.
>>
>>18416745
>I can't expect decency or friendship from friends.

No you can't. Well done you are growing up.
>>
>>18419102
Wrap your head around this.

He fucked her to.

People are shit don't get angry just learn not to trust anyone. It's growing up.
>>
File: kys.jpg (49KB, 751x418px) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
49KB, 751x418px
Humans are ego-centrical beings. Even you yourself OP. Once you swallow this pill a life of solitude awaits thee.

People are friends with you for their own benefits just as you are friends with them for your benefit. Most people don't realize this and see it as a 'spiritual thing' ( bff, soulmates etc.)

Congratulations, you've just came one step closer to learning the truth of human life. Will you prevail and continue to dig deeper into the abyss or will you perish?
>>
>>18419473
He is an ultimate beta that wanted to stay friends with everyone. Hence he hung out with me too, but never told me anything. He's too fragile to even hit.
>>18419466
>>18420459
I've been a good friend to people, though. I may have expected the same from them which is my wrongdoing, but shouldn't I be able to? What you two are saying and what I have experienced, I guess not.
>>
Bros b4 hos. Maybe you are overeacting just bcuz of the breakup.
>>
>>18416745
You need some christianity in your life hun. Never gonna get anywhere if you can't learn to forgive people.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.