[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I tell my boyfriend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

A while ago I caught my boyfriend flirting with a couple girls online and some from his work and basically trying to get a "back up girlfriend" because during that time I was sick and just got found out i had something wrong with me health wise and I guess he was scared of me being too much to handle or something because of me having something medically wrong. This really upset me so a few weeks after that I started to just flirt with this random guy online who lives in another country because I wanted to feel special (yeah I know stupid lol) and I also sent him nudes. I end up feeling bad because my boyfriend was and is making an effort to make up for what he did so I cut off contact with that random guy. Anyway, its been a couple months since all this has happened but I'm wondering if I should tell my boyfriend of what I did? I feel bad about it and its been kinda bothering me because I know what I did was wrong even if it was in spite of what he did. Or is it better to keep this kinda thing a secret?
>>
No, because he's actually fucking one of those girls behind your back. That's why he's being extra nice. Not because the girls disappeared.
>>
Im going to reply as if this wasnt a generic bait thread.

Youre a moron. Dump him you hypocrite.
>>
>>18415986

>Do:
Tell your boyfriend about the pictures you sent, because it's not right for you to do things behind his back like that.

>Do not
Tell your boyfriend you know about him seeking a back-up girlfriend, because you reveal yourself; it gives your boyfriend a bigger need to sneak around. Essentially, you're revealing your sharpness before you need to cut.

>Optional.
You could tell him, but if you tell him that just means you could end your relationship. By telling both, you're essentially admitting it's over. That isn't what you want. Keep honest, but keep vigilant. Stop being a cunt.
>>
You did stuff that makes you feel guilty, so you want to tell your boyfriend to relieve your guilt. So if you tell him, you'll feel better. How do you think he'll feel? Like shit. So don't tell him. You'd only be doing it for your own sake. Don't be a selfish cunt. The thing to do if you care about your boyfriend is to just not be a cheating whore again in the future. And yeah, I know he has also been a cheating whore in the past, but that's beside the point. Regardless of what he has done, I assume you want go salvage the relationship. Justifying cheating with "you cheated too" is akin to reacting to your boyfriend smashing a plate in anger with smashing a plate of your own. After all is said and done, your kitchen (which would be your relationship in this analogy) is just gonna be filled with shattered porcelain.
>>
>>18416003

>Lying to keep yourself and others content.

That's the shittiest thing of all.
Be honest, OP. You will NEVER have a happy relationship without it; you'll always be looking over your shoulder, and your partner will be doing the same.
>>
>>18416011
OP already stabbed the relationship in the gut with a knife by doing the stuff with that other guy. Now the wound has to heal. I'm saying that she shouldn't do any of these two things:
1. Pour salt into the wound by telling him all about it just to selfishly ease her conscience
2. Stab some more.
>>
>>18416017

It's not to ease her conscience, I don't think, so much as it's to clean the slate.

Disclosure is not selfish, witholding who you are and what you do is selfish when you're supposed to be honest and open with someone.

Both OP and her partner suck, though, let's be honest. She's talking on a message board instead of with her partner. Gay.
>>
>>18416054
Nah, I get OP. The main reason people get married is for there to be a contract to say "We're both gonna be completely open and honest and neither of us are gonna run away when we inevitably freak out because of our partner is a terrible person." and people don't take divorce seriously these days, so there isn't really any promise not to run away. If your partner isn't disposable and replaceable to you, it's prudent to behave in a way that keeps them around, even if it isn't completely honest.

Am I saying old school marriage should be brought back? Nah, not really. It was a stupid idea in the first place. Humans aren't all that monogamous, we're bound to fuck up, fuck around and break up regularly. In a way, relationships between humans revolve around using each other. The only genuine acts of love you'll see are those of a man towards a woman he's in love with and those of a woman towards her children. Those are the biological incentives we have for love. The rest is just us being civil and conflict-averse.
>>
I don't really care that much if it does or does not relieve my conscious Im just more concerned about making things work. I just want to do whats best for the relationship. Obviously we both did shitty things and we arent the best people. Although if what we did makes our relationship doomed I guess I just have to accept it. I do however want to also make sure he isnt hurt anymore than it needs to be because it seems either way it could hurt him.
>>
>>18416054
I think you're right. I should obviously talk to him and its probably better to come clean. I just wanted to make sure I didnt cause anymore harm than there needed to be but obviously I should of thought of that before I did something stupid.
>>
>>18416100
Nothing about your relationship is doomed as long as you both want to be together. Past events might influence how much you want or don't want to be together, yes, but as long as you're both alive, it's just a matter of how much you want it. And your boyfriend is probably gonna want it less if you tell him you cheated on him. Make it up to him by cooking him a nice meal or two, being enthusiastic in bed and never cheating again. Might be dishonest, but it sure will leave both of you happier.
>>
>>18416111
Are you saying not telling will leave him happier?
>>
>>18416118
Yes. That's where the saying "What he doesn't know can't hurt him" comes from. Hearing that your girlfriend cheated on you is fucking heartbreaking, might fuck him up for weeks, and ruin the relationship. See it like this:

Girlfriend point chart:
>Cheating on bf: -100 points
>Hiding the fact that you cheated: -50 points

Don't get me wrong, being dishonest and not telling him IS bad. No one wants a lying girlfriend. But you're pretty much left with no choice but to lie at this point if you don't want to break his heart and possibly get dumped. So make it up to him in other ways, find some way to get those 150 points, plenty of ways to out there to be a good girlfriend.
>>
Dead up. You are both cheaters. The relationship won't last.

You'll break up 2 years from now wondering why you bothered past this exact moment.
>>
>>18415986
> sent him nudes
For what purpose?
God you're retarded.
>>
>>18416134
One of my biggest fears personally, is to be cheated on and never find out. Being cheated on is awful, yes. But at least you were honest about doing it and came clean. That would be a boon for me, takes some courage to confess that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.