[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which branch is best for an average joe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: meme forces.jpg (2MB, 2100x1395px) Image search: [Google]
meme forces.jpg
2MB, 2100x1395px
Which military branch is the best to join if i'm not totally jacked. I've been running 2 miles a day for prep. What should I join?
I've already done interviews with recruiters for the Marines and Air National Guard.

Marine guy seemed pretty cool but wanted me to sign up right away.

Air National Guard guy was more relatable and guaranteed a $20,000 enlistment bonus.

haven't really investigated any other branch. What do you guys recommend?
>>
Father was career Airforce - 23 years. Retired after the petnagon passed him over for promotion to Col. rank twice. Airforce/chairforce will keep you pretty safe if you want to avoid actual combat and handle things like logistics. If you decide to go military, buck for officer training ASAP or work on getting a degree to bump up your paygrade and STAY THE FUCK IN THE SERVICE!

Because of my dad's foresight, my folks have healthcare and a solid retirement, they own their own home, have a bit in investments, and are, for the most part, financially solid.
>>
>>18415946
avoid marines
choose between air force, ang, or navy. army if you don't want any of those.
>>
if you want to go home every night but dont care about advancement chair force

if you want to shoot marines/army

if you know how to handle bullshit navy
>>
>>18415946
>What should I join?
It entirely depends on your personality, what you want to do in the military, and what you want to do after the military.
>>
>>18415946
If the marines guy wanted you to enlist right away go with them, they are picky as fuck and size someone up well.
>>
File: armed_forces.png (1MB, 857x1492px) Image search: [Google]
armed_forces.png
1MB, 857x1492px
>>
>>18415971
This might sound odd, but I'm anticipating joining the Airforce.

Tell me, must I take a college class to get that bump in the pay or is it fine to just enter raw and almost unprepared? (like, without the class. Just the physical training's all you knew).

I sincerely dream of going to the skies or having a desk job. I mean, I'm more of a sea guy, but the Navy is tougher than shit to get through, and I prefer to have a slightly easier time in a comfy seat.

I know they want Warbirds, so goddamn it, I WILL fight for that spot and be the best physical man as I can be there.
>>
Military guys, what branch of military is most like being on a Star Trek crew?
>>
go to >>>/k/meg (military enlistment general)
>>
>>18416658
What's so bad about the marines?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.