[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2121.png (676KB, 743x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2121.png
676KB, 743x575px
I'm moving to poland for the erasmus and I'm scared of how relations with people are gonna end up

I hate remain in silence with stranger so I end up talking too much about dumb shit thus passing for a weirdo

I'm losing hair and confidence too

I don't know what kind of people are going to be there and if they are gonna be all party boy I'll be a fish out of water

My humor is bad and 7/10 I need (or feel like) to explain the joke; I tend to be aggressive or "insult" others when I'm just kidding.

I'm afraid of not making any friend, make just superfiial relationship, be laughed at.

It could just be over thinking or the reflection of general anxiety this experience is giving me. I'm 20, i feel lost and I don't really know who I am, hopefully I'll get answer there or sadly depress myself
>>
What country are you from and what city are you going to visit?

And it in generally depends. Here in Poland we were supposed to be known for our hospitality and being open, but now our government is far right so dumb racists and haters feel like they are doing the right thing and are more rampant. Students here tend to drink heavily, but not always in a form of a party. But there are a lot of shut-ins that just want peace and to actually learn something, so it's not like everyone is loud. You'll fit in, one way or another. Give your conversation partner time to respond, prolonged silence is not always bad. I don't know how aggressive you are when you're joking but playful insults are not unusual between friends here. Just be polite, don't hesitate to ask about our language or the city and some people will take care of you. At least here in Wroclaw cute female students tend to be the ones who are active in programs like Erasmus.

You can't imagine my saltiness when my obnoxious, loud as fuck Ukrainian roommate kept hanging out with the prettiest girls in the whole dormitory.
>>
>>18415845
I'm from italy
Actually I'm going to wroklow
Then I hope to seduce you and all of your friend

It's not as if I don't like party. I love to drink and have fun but the last time i went to poland the only thing we did was going to the disco and I really suck at dance
>>
>>18415845
You're a man so forget what i sad about seducing you, just your friends
>>
>>18415865
Yeah, I know that it'd be too good to be true if you turned out to be a qt girl. Have fun then.
>>
>>18415779
Polish girl here

Look, as long you are looking at least somewhat Caucasian, you should be fine. Poles generally aren't very friendly or warm, not even in relation to other Poles - at least where I live. As for students, it depends a lot on what group of people you'll come across. I can promise you that not all of us are party animals, I myself don't party (grabbing a beer and going to a karaoke place once a month is pretty much the height of my normie activities) and most of my friends are like that too.

Making friends is doable as well, just chat people up, ask them for help when you need it, and overall be polite but not too official. Talking a lot is fine; I can get autistically shy sometimes, especially with strangers, so having someone more active in the conversation is a perk. Just don't overtalk people.

You'll do fine, I had some Erasmus students in my class this semester, they were cool people and I enjoyed talking with most of them.

Losing hair is a non-problem, really. I know guys who are losing hair and still mange to be attractive and appealing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.