[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found Co-worker on Tinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1491403234127.png (66KB, 298x251px) Image search: [Google]
1491403234127.png
66KB, 298x251px
I've established a very friendly relationship with a co-worker since I started working a few weeks ago. While swiping on Tinder at work (it's been slow today), I found the co-workers profile. The twist is, I've heard she has a boyfriend. Obviously having a Tinder account somewhat trivializes the that.

We're both at work right now and will be alone together until later tonight. I'm looking for opinions on if I should playfully approach her with her profile up and see what happens, just swipe right and see what happens, swipe left and do nothing, or perhaps something else?

I'm personally leaning towards the first option simply because we both tend to be jokingly shitty towards one another and I think she'd be amused, but I also don't want to cross some arbitrary line.
>>
Swipe right and joke if match. Otherwise don't botter. She'll feel threatened that you found out her secret. It could end up awkward for you, since there are things like open relationships and such, which are not your business.

Hell even if she's a cheater, it's none of your business, and I fucking hate cheaters.
>>
>>18415719
and besides, some people in relationships are on tinder with no intention on matching, let alone meeting anyone - some are just curious to see how people on tinder are like, because their friends talk about tinder all the time. Some use tinder purely as a source of entertainment
>>
>>18415719
>>18415760
I shouldve been more clear. I know the intricacies of the relationship from her personally - boyfriend is not the best descriptor. It's more in limbo than that. I do however agree with your sentiment on cheaters.

My end goal in using this would be to gain some insight into seeing if I'm wasting my time or not in pursuing something - not to accuse anyone of cheating.
>>
>>18415719

Usually I'd be my edgelord self and say to tell the boyfriend about this, but since this is work related your goal should probably be to create as little drama as humanly possible. This includes not creating sexual tensions at work, like implying them or implying the possibility for them. To be honest I would pretend like the whole thing never happened and not let on that you know she's on Tinder. That way you can have a totally clear mind for the rest of the week, and forever after (when it comes to this situation anyway).
>>
Any civil engineers here than can tell me about their work?
I'm considering studying civ. eng. because it seems like it has secure job prospects, however I have absolutely zero interest in buildings or building processes. I'm a nerdy person, but not completely autistic. I'm not smart enough for science (tried physics for a few semesters), pretty good at talking but I don't particularly enjoy talking to strangers and am generally anti-social. I'm mostly concerned about having to be outside a lot, so I'd like to know whether there's good possibilities for a regular desk job with this degree.

Also, any advice on other very safe things to study in Europe (Germany)?
>>
>>18415787
Playing it safe doesn't get you anywhere though, and given our playful relationship this is pretty low risk. I'll have a clear mind regardless, probably more regret having not said anything at all.

>>18415857
Wrong thread my dude
>>
>>18415866

Well for the record I'm not a dude, and am a loser with no game, so you might be right.

But to me work is too important to be taking unnecessary risks. And workplace romance is generally known to cause that: https://www.google.ca/search?safe=strict&q=romantic+relationships+in+the+workplace&oq=relationships+at+work&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i71k1l8.0.0.0.6279.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.serp..0.0.0.RrWp_HH8-Dc

Some random things I found from the link above:

> if one party wants to end the relationship but the other one doesn’t, a sexual harassment claim may come up.
> Also, workplace romance rarely, if ever, stays between two people. Soon the rumor mill gets started and it’s everybody’s business.
> if it doesn’t work out, you still have to see your ex and work with him or her everyday.

Obviously there are pros too, I just highlighted some of the negative stuff. Only you can make the right decision here, ultimately.
>>
>>18415886
I feel ya, and I do appreciate your input. Obviously there are risks and negatives associated with workplace dating that do need to be considered.

What I neglected to add was that this at a summer job for me - longevity is not a concern, and it's why I'm leaning towards a more proactive direction. Typically I would err on the side of caution, and act much more like what you've described.
>>
>>18415886
Don't shit where you eat
>>
>>18415952

That kind of changes things a bit, but this could still be a good networking opportunity depending on the job. Even if you only get a reference out of it, what you do in this position will likely have some sort of impact on your future ones, even if it's something entry level.
>>
File: IMG_2599.jpg (70KB, 750x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2599.jpg
70KB, 750x468px
>>
>>18415975
Gonna need some actual sauce on that, excluding /r/theredpill
>>
>>18415711
Do the first option and see where it goes. You know the biz.
>>
>>18416026
http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2016/08/22/scientists-say-women-are-genetically-programmed-to-have-affairs-its-like-mate-insurance/
>>
>>18416037
Huh, interesting
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.