[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

relationshit: looking for outside opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 4325093245.png (269KB, 683x622px) Image search: [Google]
4325093245.png
269KB, 683x622px
here's a message i want to send to an ex:
>so I've been weighing up sending this message for a while, but I wanted to ask if you still "like" me at all? I know I'm the one that broke off what we had going, but honestly you've been on my mind ever since then, and I just think that like if I heard your definitive outlook then it'd help me to move on, because having this stuff on my mind all the time is pretty tiring. I'm aware that sending this message is kind of a shitty, selfish thing to do, so I am sorry, but I couldn't put it off any longer.

context (can provide more if necessary):
>had a fling, spent a fair amount of time together
>broke up a few weeks ago because i wasn't fully committed (i still live with another ex)
>even know i was sure of mind when i made the decision, i now spend every night awake with gut wrenching anxiety, regret, paranoia...

pls respond. i feel like i'm not mentally equipped to deal with break ups. i plan on sending the message tomorrow.
>>
oh, i feel this is kind of relevant: this person often strikes up conversation with me over facebook, and also has sent me hearts etc out of the blue. i am not messaging out of the blue myself here.
>>
>>18415658
Messaging him would be a good way to communicate the idea that you want to be back with him and you have put your shit together and surpassed whatever obstacle you had before. But this is not the case (still living with another ex?) and you are just confusing him more. Leave the guy alone, get yourself together. Cut contact.
>>
>>18415690
thanks for your reply.
it's true, i have not yet moved beyond my obstacles. cutting contact is not really possible as our social circles are extensively overlap.

i am trying to get myself together, i thought sending this message would be a step in that direction? if I just get a confirmation that everything is over between us I feel like I'll be liberated, and absolutely freed from most if not all of my anxiety, which is largely based around "I fucked up and need to make things right". I know there's a chance of the answer being yes, but I really want that "no, it's over".
>>
>>18415754
are you sure you don't want the answer to be 'yes, let's make things work'?

btw, no don't send it. That's an awful message, and will most likely draw things out for days and weeks on his end too

If you want it to be over, then do a soft version of >>18415690
If you want to give it another shot, then just suggest to meet up an do something together, no explanation required. If he wants you, he'll join you
>>
>>18415777
I admit that both outcomes have attractive qualities. is the message that awful?

I am very, very bad at talking about my feelings / relationships etc in person. I really clam up. not sure why I am stunted in such a way. However I do like the idea of a spontaneous meet up. should it be an obvious date activity?
>>
>>18415834
>should it be an obvious date activity?
Does it matter? Won't the outcome of meeting up be more important than what you tell him in advance?

Before I decide to stay up and talk, I'd like to know how long
>a fair amount of time
is. How well do you know this person?

He's sending you lovehearts. Exes don't be sending exes hearts unless there's still some affection there. Just build on that. Lean against him. Walk arm in arm. Ask him if you think you could work it out if you moved on from living with your other ex, and sorted yourself out. His response should matter, when deciding whether you want to start the relationship for real this time around. You don't need to know everything before meeting him, so just suggest to take a walk, and if everything goes well, sit down and have coffee, or wine, or go somewhere to fuck
>>
>>18415658
So fucking beta.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1iZ9ZcgtCtu
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.