[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEATH IS COMING FOR ME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

How badly did I fuck up my life, /adv/?

>Decided to study communications and journalism in college
>Graduate with honors with a bunch of awards
>Find a job at decent-sized newspaper shortly after college
>Work there for five years and earn some more awards
>Things go to shit when a bunch of people quit and they hire a hot-shot, new Editor-in-Chief
>Get a job offer to run a local radio station's news program
>They treat me like shit and try to get me to work double shifts without pay (but tell me to flub my card so it looks like I'm only working a single shift)
>Hair starts to fall out
>Develop a sleep disorder
>Health declines
>Doctor and family beg me to quit
>Get frustrated and quit
>Assume that I'll find something quickly due to strong resume and references
>Find out that I'm very wrong

It's been two months and, not only have I burned through all of my savings, but I've only received one offer despite putting out dozens of applications and resumes.

The only thing I've been offered is a part-time cashier position at a local pet store.

I had to take it just so I can attempt to pay my bills.

I also had to sign up for government assistance so I wouldn't fucking die of starvation.

I'm fucked, aren't I, /adv/?

Anyone else in a similar situation? I just want to know that I'm not alone in Hell.

I've thought about attending a local community college or something online and getting another certificate or diploma of some kind to supplement my education, but I worry that it is a lost cause.
>>
>>18414767
A honour degree is a symptom that you rely to school and their sucking system to prove yourself and you ain't that bright. People treating you like shit also proves that. If you are not able to defend your own interest in life, you either should find a job where they treat you like the princess you are or you get back studying and don't ever come out of that again.
>>
File: IMG_20160926_215320.jpg (6KB, 129x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160926_215320.jpg
6KB, 129x172px
>>18414767
I'm gonna level with you, anon. Did you fuck up? I can't say for certain, seeing as I'm just some faggot on the internet. I don't know your circumstances, or if your decision affects the life of anyone else.

I will say that if your health was falling apart like you say it was, and everyone around you was begging you to quit, then perhaps it was the best thing for you to do, despite the uncertainty of your future.

As far as finding jobs, that shit's out of your hands. You can't force people to hire you. You can only wait and see what happens, which isn't something anyone wants to hear, but it's the fucking truth. You just have to keep looking, and take shitty jobs until you've got an offer that is worthy of your education/job background.

Maybe you could go back to school and learn a trade. You wouldn't be the first person to do that after getting a 4 year degree. You gotta find something you like and will pay your bills.

I was homeless after losing my job. I've lost everything save for a trashbag full of clothes and box filled with the shit I could carry. It fucking sucked for awhile. Friends and family let me couchsurf while I worked at part-time at Walmart. I was suicidal, and tried (but failed) in killing myself. The only thing I had going for me was the promise of tomorrow. Eventually, I was able to get on my feet again, and I'm almost back to where I was.

I was lucky enough to have a strong support system, which by god, I hope you have one too. They won't let you die of starvation, and they will help, you just gotta ask.

My advice boils down to keep working, stay hopeful, because the promise of a better tomorrow is all you have. Again, no one likes fucking hearing that, because it doesn't solve it today and it's ambiguous at best, but it's all you can do.

I wish you luck, anon. Keep fighting.
>>
>>18414767
Join the armed forces
>>
>>18414767
Don't do journalism the Internet killed it. Work in a field that has actual demand. It's just basic economics. I always got straight 'A's in humanities classes, 800 SAT verbal and writing, but I'm a software developer. Do what people want to pay a lot for. You can do a lot of different things so do what pays the best.
>>
>>18414767

You call that fucking up !?

>Never drink, do drugs or smoke.
>Decided to study IT, got a degree.
>Didn't find any work, took another year of ed.
>Went to the military 1 year, good times.
>Found work things were good, for a while.
>Woops, half year in and cutbacks, 90% had to go, they were outsourcing the oil company I worked IT support for to North Africa.
>Got another job, but only 30%,4 months in - cutbacks, everyone had to go.
>Boss jumped to his death.
>That means no references for my application.
>no welfare because I live in Europe and I'm white and ethnically European = no help.
>began studying history.
>Got a degree.
>Tried to find work for 2 years, but nothing.
>Went back to school, took another degree and then another.
>At the same time refugees are pouring in and drive around in Ferrari's and Porsche's.
>Never had time to think about children, women or life.
>Dad died, state took almost everything.
>Took up loans and bought a small house, salesperson conned me. $$ now it's all loans and no wealth left.
>Unemployment is still rising and refugees are pouring in like never before.
>went to the supermarket to buy food, was mistaken for a drug addict.

I see it like this. Hate; it's a strong motivator.
You're not alone.
>>
>>18415910
Take up arms and stand against these rapfugees!
>>
Seems like you took an easy route, things went off-course with one shitty job and you couldn't adjust. Now you're forced to.

You're not fucked, but you need to think alittle more about how you got there. You can always go to community college and pick up a trade, for money.
>>
>>18415925

It wouldn't have a lot of effect, it is an endless stream. The best way is to abolish the EU. ;-)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.