[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop procrastinating? I have a shit tonne of college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
How do I stop procrastinating? I have a shit tonne of college work due before the end of the year, just over a week from now. I also have a terrible habit of both staying up and sleeping late. This isn't helped by my 6-10pm work shifts. Any advice would be helpful
>>
plan out your remaining week
write realistic achievable goals
follow that shit up

I too am the type of dude that does everything in the last possible minute... but I DO it
>>
>>18414673
Stay in school.

Meaning, if you have any homework, or studying, do it on campus. Come early, stay late, something.

I know, when I got home, nomatter what grand plan I had for doing work, I'd see my shitty environs and not do jack shit besides what I wanted to do. When I get "home" I'm not doing "work". So I stayed at 'work' to do 'work'

Go to your library or study hall or suchlike and do your work there, before allowing yourself to go home. IF you get assigned some work, walk out the class, walk into the library, start working on it right away.

Or if you REALLY like to procrastinate, go to the library two hours before class and do your assigned work then.
>>
>>18414673
I pretend that aliens are watching and filming me to make a documentary on pathetic humans who procrastinate. For some reason that always motivates me to do shit
>>
>>18414673
Make a checklist of the shit you want to get done in the day. Set up a specific time to sleep, and especially to get up. Obviously make sure you're getting adequate sleep. Going to the gym gave me a lot of motivation to get other shit done, so consider that too.

Some easy tips to help sleep earlier is to limit caffeine intake, and stop staring at screens. The blue light keeps tricking your brain into staying awake
>>
>>18414673

Honestly you need a little bit of self discipline but I agree with >>18414723

As someone who sometimes has a tendency to procrastinate I find myself never doing so if I stay on campus to work, go to a cafe or the library. But if I go home, there is a much higher chance of getting sidetracked. Good luck. Also really, all that work, start now. Better to have a week (plenty of time) than only a night.
>>
>>18414673
There is actually a proven method to do this. Start daily working on something for 1 min a day, same time EVERY day. when that becomes easy bump it up to 5 minutes.
When that becomes easy bump it up to 15 minutes.
Then 30, then an hour then two hours.
This is a proven method (in japan BTW) to getting annoying, necisary tasks out of the way without frustration.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.