[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how 2 college X_X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Hello all I stopped going to school at 16 but at 17 got a ged. I am conveniently 18 now xP and need advice regarding college. I want to attend a community college but I am clueless regarding what classes I need to take or what I should do. So heres my goal I want to get a degree in
something technology related maybe server administrator as I worked under the table for a broadcasting company helping them with a bunch of stuff (completely inexperienced lied and learned as i went along). Would a associate of art degree let me transfer into a degree that would let me do that? Also what classes should I take and what degree should I transfer into to achieve my goal. Thanks for the advice anyone who responds! i live in florida btw if that matters

reposting this because for some reason my other thread was imediately deleted
>>
>>18414534
yes your AA would typically allow you to transfer to a 4 year state university in florida for a related degree. Since you mentioned being in florida I'll give some examples for you to work with.

Lets say you were in orlando and decided to go to Valencia College. You could view http://catalog.valenciacollege.edu/transferplans/ or maybe even http://catalog.valenciacollege.edu/degrees/associateinarts/articulatedpremajorsatvalencia/
that second one might be a better example because you can see that it's tailored for specific universities.

Once you choose which degree you want to go for the classes are pretty much laid out for you. Honestly just sign up for college and they'll tell you everything you need to know. There are advisors you can talk to and also orientation which tells you everything.
>>
>>18414612
ok i will do this ty
>>
>>18414625
are you actually in orlando
I go to florida college, I can help you
>>
>>18414648
i live i south florida :c
>>
>>18414657
how far south? if you're within commuting distance to south florida state college it's actually a pretty good starting point and you can transfer to any florida state university like UCF. It's up in avon park near placid lakes.
>>
>>18414726
i am but wouldnt community college be cheaper?
>>
>>18414732
SFSC used to be a community college but they changed their name to be more widely accepted. I think it's $3000 per semester which means your pell grant would cover like 1.5 semesters per year. so $1500 out of pocket per year or something like that depending on your EFC on the FAFSA.
>>
>>18414732
if you move to orlando Valencia is only like $1500 per semester depending on what you take and lab fees but the areas near the east and west campus are kind of trashy. The campuses themselves are very nice though and really safe.
>>
>>18414739
whats a pell geant efc and the other thing?
>>
>>18414744
hmmmm i like living with my parents tho and orlando is too dry for me
>>
>>18414745
FAFSA is your "Free Application for Federal Student Aid"
a pell grant is money the government will give you for school if you're not rich or some shit.
EFC is expected family contribution or how much your family is expected to contribute based on a bunch of calculations and numbers you fill out during the FAFSA.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.