[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being so picky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x750px
I tried online dating for a while, but I struggle to get anything out of it.
I am not *too* picky when it comes to looks; I'd honestly be fine with anyone who is hygienic, healthy, not much shorter than me and a above a 4/10 in terms of facial features.

On the other hand, I find 99% of the guys who text me incredibly annoying.
I hate the way they type. I hate the things they say. I am grossed out by their lifestyle. I detest how sexual they get (especially if they add the winky face). I hate how fucking mundane conversation always is.
It always feels like they are dumb, or have no interests and no personality, and really just want to make me suck their dick.

I don't think my perception is necessarily true, but I still don't know how to get over myself and talk to them enough to like them.

So - how do I stop being this fucking picky?

I am not going out much because I am studying for finals, so I can't really meet new people right now.
>>
>>18414465
I don't think online chats bring out the best in people vis a vis conversational skills. Have you met up with some of them irl?
>>
>>18414467
I struggle to text with most of them for more than 15 minutes.

I met up with two guys.
I went on three dates with one, then he got a bit too pushy and I dropped him.
With the other we just didn't have any chemistry. He's fun and we became decent friends.
>>
>>18414465

you can't change your mindset on the issue, all you can do is change your actions. how about instead of trying to conversate on tinder where its going to be boring af even if they're amazing you just go for broke and say 'hey want to grab coffee this saturday?

just line up all the reasonably okay looking guys for some dates and see who you actually hit it off with in person
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>18414465
>people falling for this bait
>>
>>18414474
Hmm. It's hard for me to relate bc I'm not very aloof whereas you sound super chill.
I guess for me I just try and see if a guy seems safe and honourable from messaging, and give him the benefit of the doubt until we meet up irl.
In person idk what you're looking for but it's easier to tell if they're 'only after one thing' as mums everywhere would say.
>>
>>18414477
Honestly, I don't have time to go out with everyone. I need to select based on their personality, at least a bit.
Again, I'm not so picky when it comes to looks. I don't mind if a guy isn't amazingly looking.
>>
>>18414506

okay, then pick the ones that are the LEAST annoying and go see them.
>>
>>18414511
This but of course don't go if they're still more annoying than you think you can tolerate. Being lonely is much better than being miserable and making someone feel wanted when they aren't.
>>
be more impressive and less annoying yourself
>>
>>18414511
>>18415138
I think that a good 80% of the conversations I have on online dating sites make me roll my eyes before we exchange the first 10 messages.
I'm just awful. I don't know.

>>18415338
I'm so annoying and unimpressive that they ask me out and keep texting me even after I ghosted them.
>>
You should continue to be picky. Your gut is telling you that you're not going to get along with these guys.

Just don't be discouraged. This is the best method for dating IMO. This is the only way you can find a person truly on your wavelength.

Unfortunately a lot of young guys are really bad/stupid with this, myself guilty of that charge as well.
>>
I can't see how artificially lowering your standards would benefit you, you're either interested/feel attracted to a guy or you just don't. No relationship is better than a relationship with a shitty person.
>>
>>18415375
would you like me to congratulate you on being worth the necessary bare minimum effort to maybe get laid? if a guy sees more in you than just that, he'll pursue it. if "they're all only after one thing" then you're failing to impress and/or annoying excessively. don't be so far up your own ass that you can't look at what another person gets presented with upon meeting you and consider improving it
>>
>>18415375
I wouldn't use online dating sites at all, listen to >>18415386 and you will probably feel discouraged the way you do now if you continue to use them. Don't expect a relationship to happen, if it happens, it happens, in the meantime work on how you present yourself as >>18417311 says too.
>>
>>18414465
>I detest how sexual they get (especially if they add the winky face)
fuck, i hope the girl i'm after doesn't feel the same way
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.