[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

100 stinky vinyls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Photo0017.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0017.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
We're about to sell our old house so we went to loot what was remaining and was still in one piece and we found around 100 undamaged vinyl LPs our father left there.

The problem is nobody has been there for around 20 or so years so they smell of old people, you know that stench from stale walls and furniture.

I thought having it outside on fresh air for a few days would get rid of it but after a week it still smells.

I don't want to use basic cleaners to not damage the covers so is there a safer way to get rid of it?
>>
>>18414321
Don't do a thing to them! That's what old paper product smells like (old book smell), and you risk really damaging the record covers. A record is worth more with a mint cover, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are worth a bit.

So don't devalue a collectible just because it smells old
>>
>>18414321
This anon >>18414338 is right. You've never smelled old books before. It's actually a nice smell.
>>
>>18414338
>>18414373
It's not a pleasant smell at all and there is no mold on it, I just don't want it on my shelves with them smelling like that
>>
File: Fotografia0016.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Fotografia0016.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
the question still stands
anyone?
>>
>>18414321
Stick them in the closet with some of your favorite ethnic food on a hot plate.

Not the records smell like your favorite ethnic food!
>>
>>18414809
What's with the clothes pins? and >>18414338 is right. They might not smell good, but they can still SELL GOOD HAHAHA OH MAN.

but seriously, just sell them to a 2nd hand record store or something
>>
>>18414853
>What's with the clothes pins?
so the air could flow inbetween them

I don't want to sell them just yet, I want to listen to them first if they even play well

Also any good turntable recommendations?
what about this one?
https://www.sony.com/electronics/audio-components/ps-lx300usb
>>
I want to buy some of them
>>
>>18414321
if father has any wu tang in there hmu please
>>
>>18414809
Your dog is so freaking cool!
>>
File: DSC_0126.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0126.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>18414927
lol, do you even care what they are?
>>18414933
no such thing, m8, only 70/80s rock, metal and pop
>>18414938
thank you, here's one more picture of her
>>
>>18414809
>Bulgarian "Like a Virgin"
Isn't that worth a shit ton of money?
Your dad kept his shit in good condition. Don't ruin it mate.
>>
>>18414922
You don't have to listen to them really, just look at the record and make aure there aren't a buncha scratches and things like that.

As for turntables, old 80's ones are the best. Don't get any new cheap ones, like a Crosley or anything.

Also, put those records inside. They may smell, but keeping 'em outside is just risky. Buncha shit can get on 'em.

Shoot a link of your ebay store, I'm always looking for classic rock records. Don't care what they smell like.
>>
real talk: go through all of them, list what they are. Start up a discogs account and whatever i like i'll buy off of you.
>>
>>18416088
>>18416775
>>18416884
How much are we talking about here anyway? If it's 2-3 dollars a piece like on discogs then I may as well keep it.
I mean we're selling a house so we'll not be short for money for quite some time.
And even if there would be a good price I'm from middle Europe so the shipping to US or outside of EU might be costly I imagine.
>>
it depends on the record itself. i'd say look at discogs to see what everyone else is selling said album for. if there'e none, do some artist research and decide for yourself. Used vinyls especially unknown should go for like 5 or 10 if you wanna squeeze money. Then add shipping and handling. Yeah im in the US
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.