[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Shaving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: memes friend.jpg (67KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
memes friend.jpg
67KB, 640x618px
How do I get a good shave?

I have sensitive skin and unless I go very slowly with the grain and do very soft, short strokes I get razorburn. This means shaving takes about three times as long as it feels like it should and I end up with patches of stubble. Going against the grain gets rid of them, but then I break out in painful, terrible looking razorburn.

I've tried electric razors, but I still end up with both problems.

I've heard about safety razors as a solution to this problem, but I've spent enough on different shaving implements over the years to think it'd be a waste of money and to wonder if my skin is just shit and whether I'll forever be stuck choosing between a shitty shave, razorburn, or both.

I can't just grow a beard either because I have scraggly, orange beard hair that grows primarily on my neck.

I feel like there must be something I'm not doing.
>>
Yea get a safety or strait razor. Not only is it less irritating on your skin but you have more control and you will probably end up saving money after a year or so. If you are not showering before you shave theyn start doing it. The hot water will soften the hair as well as open your pours giving you a better shave.

Also what kind of shaving cream and aftershave are you using? Consider switching to an alcohol free aftershave balm. The shitty cheap stuff is just going to dry out your skin and give you worse razorburn. You want to moisturize after a shave.
>>
>>18413424
Not really sure what shaving cream I use. Just regular Gillette foam I think.

I don't use aftershave. When I first started shaving someone bought some for me but I found it so irritating (and nobody showed me how to use it) that I never used it again. I usually just use an aloe vera gel to take away some of the redness.

I always shave after a shower. Haven't notice it do much to help though.
>>
>>18413417
Try one of the new 5 or 6 blade razors. They're ridiculously expensive, but they give a good shave with little irritation (and they last me up to 3 months)
>>
S A F E T Y R A Z O R
Fuck straight razors, they're designed for another person to shave you with.
I had the WORST problems with my skin until I got a safety razor. Get a good shaving cream and aftershave too. Check out some of the many forums that have sprung up in the past decade.
It's a bit of an upfront investment, but if it works for you, you'll recoup that pretty quick.
I get 100 double-sided razors for like 20 bucks. That gets me about 600 shaves I'd guess.
>>
File: IMG_20170611_183659.jpg (345KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_183659.jpg
345KB, 2448x3264px
>>18413417
All you need is AFTERSHAVE with alcohol in it.

No matter how much you irritate skin via shaving, right after you finish shaving, apply after shave (IT BURNS LIKE HELL: it disifection the skin and microscopic cuts) and it will prevent razorburn.

Pic related is my tool of trade.

>>18413473
>not using after shave
Found your problem op.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.