[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reflected on my life, no friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>25
>just graduated college with a business degree
>living in a house I inherited
>mom lives with me
>finally have a minute to reflect on my life now that I am not completely buried in school work and other shit
>realize I cannot stand 95% of the people I know
>delete a good portion of my friends list on social media
>basically have lost touch with most of my friends that I do like, but didn't notice because I have been so busy for the last few years
>they either live too far away or don't really respond if I try to get in touch with them
>realize I am completely alone except for my mom

Uhhh so what do I do now? I am applying for jobs, do you meet people at work? Should I get active in my local church?

I don't really drink so I don't go to the bar.

How do people meet these days?
>>
>>18413198

everyone meets differently. some at classes, some at work, some at events, some just their neighbors, some randos on the bus. most people meet everyone in a bit of a different way which can make making friends a bit of a daunting task cuz its kinda like dating: if you go looking to date you don't generally have much luck.

but events and meetups are pretty solid as they at least have the premise of doing something.

most of my friends I met in different ways.

my best friend I met by asking him out on a date... he worked at yogurt stop, and i thought he was cute. turns out hes straight. so i said we could work together on a project together ( i write, he acts). and somehow three years later were best friends. he calls me for the stupidest shit and i love it. just today he called me just to say 'i had an epiphany, i want to work on more projects!' stupidest thing to call about but im just psyched that someone likes me so much that when they get a strong feeling they need to share it with me.

my other friend I met at a graveyard believe it or not. we went to a screening of nightmare on elmstreet they had at the cemetary. i forgot to bring a towel so asked if i could share his. he said sure. we both clearly loved horror so we hit it off. lots of fun.

my other friend i met through a project. i held casting for 12 roles, and he landed one of em and we just got along. he kept volunteering for more projects so i started writing better roles for him to make up for the shitty favor work he was doing me and along the way friendship just developed. when my dog died he came right over with beer and chinese food last wednesday.

that first friend i mentioned came over too with my favorite cookies.

cont
>>
>>18413227
y 4th friend is actually my boss. i just applied for a job and got hired and now hes like a dad to me. we've even gone to concerts together and its great. theres agap because of age so we dont hang out in the traditional sense but if he just isnt in the office often i love going over and just chilling at his place for afew hours and keeping him company (hes been out a lot lately because of surgeries).

then i have one online friend. we met via 4chan. i posted my phone number YEARS ago when i was drunk asking someone to tell me a story to help me fall asleep. he'd call me every week or so and just talk til i passed out. Three years later he asked me to be a groomsman at his wedding and i went. it was so weird but so cool. his wife was really cool about it. hes been calling me more since my dog died cuz i get a little lonely at night without her. right now were writing a horror movie together. its going great.

point im making here is that friends tend to all develop uniquely , and doing something that is supposed to be condusive to friendship doesn't always work out well. friends are more about how you match rather than how you meet. real friends are the kidn of people you could completely forget with some memory erasing machine, then meet agian the next day and just instantly be friends again. there is osmething intrinsic about our chemistry, kinda the opposite of romance which is baout hitting the right notes at the right time, and different from family which is just the luck of a draw.

considering how weird meeting all 5 of these people might've been i honestly believe I could have all my memories taken tomorrow and if i happened to bump into them by chance, we'd hit it off just the same.

i dont believe they will last forever, nothing gold can stay. but im enjoying them as much as I can while I can.
>>
>>18413198
get a hobby. I've made a lot of my closest friends by attending local card/video game tournaments around the city.

Work too, always nice to get a few drinks with your coworkers after a long day.
>>
>>18413229
Was your life written by Wes Anderson
>>
>>18413603

i dont know if thats a good or bad thing, I havent seen any of his movies.
>>
Go to a local party nearby. Be social, impress people, and do somethimg cool, and you'll be fine OP
>>
Better yet, plan a party. Bring the people to you. After you hide all of your valuables. You're 25, and I'm guessing your mom's divorced, so she might want some fellowship with a young man. Tell your mom the plan and coordinate OP. No need to hide.
>>
>>18413198
Don't focus on people. Focus on what you love doing, what you enjoy, what makes you feel good. Do that and you will meet some great friends. Also don't be a fag unless you are one.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.