[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck between repeating 4 years of school or GED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
Lemme start with my story.

When I was in 8th grade my school caught wind of muh depression and due to miscommunication thought I was bipolar. I ended up being forced on medication and it made me act like an absolute nutcase, ruined my social standings etc. I got into 9th grade and due to the issues from my medication I left the school midway and did some gimmick called in home instruction where a tutor met with me daily to give me work from school. I would do it but due to the issues from my medication I started being too stressed out to show up.

They change the medication, I go back into school and by the end of the year I've failed science.

10th grade comes around, new mediciation, fine at first fucks me up again, I get back in home instruction, because I have a math issue I fucked the bed so hard with math I failed, struggled non stop and got fed shit by my parents along the lines of, "We will cut the math home instruction if it's stressing you that bad and try to find a solution" solution never found, so failed both 10th grade math from stress and not showing up, and 9th grade math from the homeschooling. Also my history teacher didn't believe I would ever do the work so he never gave it to my home instructor, causing me to fail 10th grade world history and get no credits, even though I was able to get an 80 on the final exam. Science was the same issue as math in terms of being completely autistic with it and not knowing it, along with a literal sub teaching me for a single hour while I was strung up on bad medication I kept getting pushed on me by doctors. I eventually had pseudo strokes from the anxiety and medication, which caused me to not show up to 10th grade for rest of the year. According to my doctors it mimicked the symptoms of a real stroke, and even made me briefly droopy faced and half paralyzed or whatever. I'm lucky to have not had a real one. 10th grades a complete failure along with 9th grade (cont)
>>
>>18413146
GED, it's easy as fuck.
>>
My parents are still having me recover and making sure I am weaned off the medication I was on, no idea what it was but it took a while to get off of, and they didn't want summer school to trigger another pseudo stroke, or cause an actual one that could have left permanent damage. Decide to talk to school district about alternative credit recovery program. The school describes it as a very namby pamby great diverse place for hip with it kids with rough starts from medical issues trying to get back on track. We fall for the meme.

Credit recovery place is complete he'll, find out all the kids of the thing are inner city ghetto dwellers who fight like damn gorillas in class, have horrible discipline issues, smoke non stop, literally all of them came in high, tl:Dr it was a school comprised of juveniles.

Being poor lil white guy 11th grade sheltered me I did my best in that he'll hole but the students situations, and me being a good two shoes white suburban kid, I was an immediate outcast and didn't want to associate with them at all. I eventually snapped and broke down, got removed, tried home instruction again, felt demotivated because I jumped in at 4/5 of the year and couldn't make it up in time, pretty much failed due to missing days and being unable to make literally the whole year up in a short period of time, and that program I was in was on a completely separate page frokm what my school did so I three it all oiut the window.

Senior year now, turned 18, I'm really fucking stuck and depressed. I can either take four fucking whole years of highschool again and start as a freshman, or get a GED. I feel so degraded, like I'm some sort of sulking degenerate. I can do ELA and History fucking easily, but having dyscalculia, ADHD, and a non verbal learning disorder, I can't even attempt science or math because I'm not properly wired for it. I can't go on medication because I'm far too sensitive and I don't want to bother, my parents and doctors agreed.
>>
I feel like all careers I wanted are closed because or this damn GED, I feel like I can never get a well paying job, and like I can never join the Army like I've always dreamed of doing to serve my country. I don't know what to do at this point. All my depression is resolved from when I was younger, if you don't count the very reasonable melancholy over where my life is heading. I feel fucking stuck like there isn't a way out, and I'm so scared my life is ruined here because of factors out of my hands. What do I do? Can anyone give me some solid advice or words of wisdom on this?
>>
>>18413167
>>18413172
These are me, the OP btw
>>
>>18413172
Get your GED, go to community college, talk to an Army recruiter while you're there, they'll help you the rest of the way. They might require you to get a 2 year associates degree, they may not. No idea. But recruiters hang around community colleges like flies. They'll help.
>>
>>18413172
>>18413175
>>18413167
>>18413146
Forgot to mention the fun part. I have bonidea what's going to happen now because my parents and I botched this up so bad it turns into an argument spawned out of confusion whenever I talk about this because nothing is clear except, "u go tak GED :D" and some of the shit that comes out of my father's mouth is honestly astounding. He assumes just because he can interpret school credit requirements or ways of getting them a certain way, he can somehow strong arm the school into giving me credits, for example:
>Have zero work turned in from 10th grade global history
>Get 80 on exam
>"My son should get credit because he pass exam :RED
>School btfos saying that passing of the exam changes nothing because I literally have zeroes in lieu of every grade
>Insists even though literal district members are saying it doesn't work like that

A other good argument is this one
>If you take the final exams coming up even though you have zeroes from not getting any work from those classes, your employees who do a background check will look at it and think you have determination!!!!!!!
>Honestly believes taking an exam that will not lead to any credits when you have a zero in every grade spot for said subject will sway how someo ne will hire you because you showed up to school that one day to do a pointless exam with no valuable grade or credit co ming from it.

Am I losing my mind, or can you guys see why this whole situation is such a confusing cluster fuck for me?
>>
>>18413218
Thanks for the advice, I have to honestly ask this, is a GED literally a death sentence that will cause me to live in the slums for all eternity and get shanked to death by some vibrant youths?
>>
>>18413231
Bro i have a ged and no hs diploma it hasnt affected my life at all. First of all if you score high enough on a ged it counts as a hs diploma anyways, second of all fucking lie on your job apps bc no one gives a fuck about an hs diploma anyways. Go to community college and pass it dude. No offense to your dream but in usa the army is easy as shit to get into unless youre extremely fucked up.
>>
>>18413231
Nope. My idiot step brother dropped out in 8th grade, worked at Arby's til he was 24, got a job doing manual labor and is doing pretty ok considering he doesn't even have a GED. Not saying that's a great life. He's dumb as rocks but he lives comfortably.

A GED will put you on the path to normalcy. Finish at least 2 years at community college and you'll find your way. CCs don't give a fuck if you have a HS diploma or GED. They take anyone with some kind of HS or HS equivalency--they're kind of obligated to.
>>
>>18413235
Thanks, that's given me a bit of hope, I'm entirely normal and don't have any major issues now besides you know the anxiety regarding this situation, and minor ADHD. I've had a job since I was 15 so far, have a lot more stable friendships than I did when all this started, even managed to have a brief relationship with a QT, it's just really annoying having that gnawing feeling in the back of my skull I had all this shit happen, and missed the major social aspects of highschool along with the educational aspects.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.