[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: bunker.jpg (495KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
bunker.jpg
495KB, 1024x681px
Is there a way to trick myself into being motivated? I'm depressed, and it's a good idea to get into a hobby to help it, but nothing sticks. I like to play Counter-strike, for example, but I can never get good at it because I don't feel any strong desire to do that inside. Whenever push comes to shove, I fold. Every day is the same now, and I hate it.

Is it possible to force myself somehow into getting motivated?
>>
I have no skills, no real hobbies, no motivation, and I just feel bland as hell all the time. I don't have much fun either to be honest. I am in a similar situation to you OP.
>>
there is no trick to motivation, it is intrinsic. you either want to do something or you dont. but motivated people do it even if they DONT want to do it.

thats what motivation is. the drive to do something not to want to do something.
>>
>>18413188
I guess my problem is that I have enough motivation to want something, but not enough to ever carry anything out.
>>
>>18413112
unfortunately no, the only thing that helps is forcing yourself to practice the thing you want to get better at and eventually practice becomes habit, you know?
>>
>>18413204
So, force myself to do something until I get good enough for it to be rewarding?
>>
>>18413214
Yes, it's hard in the beginning but get easier. Make a plan to dedicate yourself at least an hour a day on something you want to be good at.
>>
File: 6316.jpg (67KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
6316.jpg
67KB, 500x650px
>>18413214
pretty much yeah

i know it kinda sucks because it's not really fun doing something you're not good at feels kinda bad

but eventually you'll realize you're a little better than you were a month ago

ya dig?

pic related
>>
>>18413219
Maybe dont look at it as not being fun when youre not good at it. If ypu love something enough, a part of you will love it even if youre not doing so well.

Stuff you can do to make practicing easier is setting reasonable goals. In the begginning especially if you push ypurself too hard you will associate whatever youre practicing as as miserable so push yourself along slowly. A snake does not rip its skin off, it grows and slowly sheds it away.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 650x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 650x347px
>>18413112
Forget motivation, fuck motivation.

Learn about discipline.
>>
>>18413112
At the same time every day go out side for a walk. Unplug for 30 minutes a day and your outlook on life will change.
>>
>>18413257
This is a true enlightened anon here. Discipline trumps motivation. A master at their trade may not wake up every morning and say "I really want to do my trade today", but they push themselves to do it and become the master they were meant to be
>>
>>18413112
Go to a gym, make a membership, let a trainer help you (explain machines and make a plan with him for working out)
- now do it 3 times a week and keep it
>>
>>18413257
I agree with you. Once you manage to make something a habit it becomes natural to do it even if you suck at it. What OP needs is discipline.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.