[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assume I Didn't Get the Job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>Had interview
>Felt like it went great
>Told I'd hear back in ten business days after the company finished relocating
>Didn't hear back
>Emailed after 11 days on a Thursday
>Now Monday
>No reply
>I also sent a thank you email to the interviewer along with additional work samples
>He did not reply to that email

I emailed the guy I interviewed with, inquiring about the status of the position, but I was originally contacted by another person at the company.

Should I email my original point of contact or just assume they've chosen someone else?
>>
>>18412163
bump
>>
Don't ever email the same person twice with no reply in a sort of nagging fashion, but you can definitely email your original contact. I don't necessarily think that will work, but the person who is the most eager about the job often ends up getting it, by way or persistence or whatever.
>>
>>18412254
thanks I'll contact my first point of contact.
>>
>>18412305
waitwaitwait

give a week between checking in again. respect their time.
>>
>>18412163
Don't read too much into it. Sometimes the company doesn't have its shit together. I got one job 6 weeks after I interviewed just because they didn't want to "rush" anyone.
>>
Use a phone! Use a phone! Use a phone!

You can't ignore someone you're talking to on the phone.

Just say you're calling to confirm whether or not they are still considering who to select for the position. That's a professional thing to ask and not unreasonable, as a professional you are following up more opportunities, after all.
>>
>>18412448
>Use a phone! Use a phone! Use a phone!
fuck emails
>>
>>18412456
I know, right? E-mail is the world's most non-forcing form of communication, and for good reason: it's cheap, takes zero effort, bypasses proper conventions of correspondence (used to be you could show you were an awesome professional with nothing more than a correctly formatted letterhead - that's why I always make my application letters correctly formatted in Word and send them as an attachment, not that I've had to send many because my career has been set for life since internship), and so, so easy to ignore (oh, I must've accidentally deleted your e-mail/it must've gotten caught in the spam filter/I guess there was a problem with the server). E-mail is also a form of communication that gives zero indication of persistence even if you send five of them, exactly because it's such an effortless form of communication.

Not so with paper correspondence, phone calls and physical visits. Of those, a phone call is the simplest and least time-consuming.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.