[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Run on Private Property to Escape a Mugging?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: running.jpg (30KB, 470x344px) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
30KB, 470x344px
So I was chased by a mugger and his friends and I literally ran down my entire street to my house. I only got away since my heart was pounding and i had so much stress energy. I had many opportunities to run through someone elses backyard which i know i could sneak away but would that be legal in this case? If you are running from someone trying to rob you is it legal to run across private property?
>>
>>18411989
According to the NAP, the property owner would be justified in killing you, the muggers, and any witnesses.
>>
>would it be legal??
Who gives a shit. Does your state/country have castle doctrine laws?
If cops ask questions, please direct them to the mugger chasing you.
>>
>>18412013
lmao
>>
>>18412015
also this.
>>
>>18412015
The mugger is going to get in legal shit for sure, the thing is he doesn't care at all. The mugger has been in and out of prisons. My problem is we might both get charged, him for attempted mugging and tresspassing and me for just tresspassing. Yes he'll get in trouble but I will as well and I actually care about my record for finding jobs.
>>
>>18412013
Unless the mugger stabbed him from the other side of the fence. Then the property owner could only kill the trespasser, not the mugger.
>>
>>18412021
If cops investigate, they'll almost certainly be more than happy to arrest the mugger and leave you on your way. You have a self-preservation justification for going through a yard. Unless you linger there, hide, or try to case the house then there shouldn't be a problem. Be more worried about dogs, armed home defenders or the mugger than police.

>>18412053
Unless the trespasser was willing to retroactively buy citizenship. Then the mugger would be attacking a citizen of the owner's property, and the mugger would be violating the NAP.
>>
>>18412053
I remember when I didn't know what the NAP was.

You're wrong. The mugger's knife invaded the sovereign airspace of said property owner.
>>
>>18412065
I am not sure though, the cops may charge both.
>>
Legal? No.
Justified? Yes.

This is to say that absolute dicks of a lawyers can and will still get you into trouble, but the situation weighs heavily in your favour.

Should you do it? Imo, if the threat in running across the property is lesser than that of being caught by the mugger then HELL YES.
>>
Nobody is going to press charges against someone who is trying to escape muggers.
>>
Depends on your country
Im a lawyer in serbia, and, here, if you commit a crime to stop a crime/disaster, as long as what you've done was neccesary and *harmful* than what you avoided
You will not be charged.
So if you break into your neighbours car to get a fire extinguisher so your kitchen doesnt burn down to the ground, you are fine.
If you disarm a mugger and shoot him with his own gun in a scuttle, you are fine
If you are being assaulted and you smash a storefront and run inside to get in the safety of CCTV/security , you are fine
And so on.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.