[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: job.jpg (7KB, 340x175px) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
7KB, 340x175px
So i applied for a job at a police station. Thing is, i'm freaking out a bit because i don't have much job experience and i don't feel confident enough to be able to handle this job. I know they train you,but i'm afraid i'll make a retarded mistake and get fired. It's happened to me before and i lost confidence in working or progressing somewhere. At the same time i have this desire to overcome my fear regardless because i want to get somewhere in life. I'm basically torn and i'm going crazy because of it. How can i cope with this?
>>
you can cope with it by realizing that even the worst case scenario isn´t the end of the world.
i mean, if you make a mistake and get fired, so what?
you would find a new opportunity and try again.
life won´t stop and stare. it just goes on.

once you realize that even if everything goes down the gutter, you´ll still be fine, there´s nothing to worry about and you can confidently give it a try and see what happens.
>>
>>18411604
You are right. It's just that other workers get things so quickly while i'm lagging behind. It's frustrating.
But yea at least i can try again if i fail. Sigh thanks friend..
>>
>>18411638
don´t compare yourself. you don´t know why they have an advantage over you. it might be something as small as their parents teaching them something yours failed to do from a yound age, like how to cope with fear. or maybe they have failed one time more than you have so far and have learned a valueable lesson, like the one i´m telling you now.

it doesn´t do any good to compare, it only harms your selfesteem, so drop that habit completely. it has zero benefits. instead, shift your focus on you and the next step. everybody can only do whatever they do step by step. if you try to skip steps, it will all com etumbling down sooner or later, so don´t even try it. as long as you steadily take steps forward, you will soon be on par or ahead of most people.
>>
>>18411650
Fuck. yea i shouldn't. I don't think i was taught how to properly cope with fear i think. I've always been scolded when i made a mistake too. yelled at multiple times. It made me timid. I'll stop comparing myself at once. It is stupid to do really.
>>
>>18411675
that sounds more like it.
now i have no doubt you will ace that new job.

if you can truly adapt that mindset, it will give you a HUGE advantage over so many people, because fear, comparing themselfes and shame is what´s holding almost everybody back. if you can ditch those, you´re almost predestined to become glorious.
>>
>>18411691
Thank you for being so kind and giving great advice.
>>
>>18411707
be sure to become an awesome cop. good luck, anon.
>>
>>18411578
Literally the same. And on top of all this, I'm not really smart, I pretty much faked it till I made it in college, graduated recently. I'm generally anxious so it's like being crushed under the pressure.

>>18411650
This is a great post, thanks for helping me too.
>>
>>18411753
>Literally the same. And on top of all this, I'm not really smart, I pretty much faked it till I made it in college, graduated recently. I'm generally anxious so it's like being crushed under the pressure.
Wow i'm not the only one. What did you study?
>>
>>18411794
Finance. So the pressure is even greater because of the importance of this field, we're talking about money here.. funny thing is though, I never even wanted to study this.
>>
>>18411814
I'm on the same boat with my career. What would you actually like to do? For me, i always wanted to be an actor.
>>
>>18411837
lol that's a nice coincidence, I was originally planning on study media /filmmaking/ in another university. That has changed since, I don't want to sound over the top dramatic about this, but after suffering my way through college, I really do feel like an empty shell that could implode at any moment.. No hobby, no interests, just the burnout and anxiety.

However, I do KNOW that it's not the end of the road yet, but I just don't FEEL that way nowadays.
>>
>>18411852
>No hobby, no interests, just the burnout and anxiety.
That is why i'm thinking of getting a certification. Requires less time than college. I'm just tired of school though. I'm not sure if you can get that with certain film jobs? But hey, we should work together if we end on that road haha.
>>
>>18411887
lol yeah, but like I said that has passed, I no longer have the interest towards filmmaking unfortunately.

Getting a certification is like a 2 year type of thing? I'm not a native speaker so I don't really know what that is. If that's something I think it is, then it's a two year "course", costs less than university, and sometimes worth more getting one, instead of a diploma.
>>
>>18411909
>Getting a certification is like a 2 year type of thing?
Sometimes yes. It depends on what you want to do.
>>
>>18411933
Yeah I feel you, I was also very very tired of school, especially towards the end.

Bottomline is I think, is that we shouldn't really think that our current situation is the one we are destined to live in from now on, and (cliché I know) we shouldn't give up on our dreams.

I really have a hard time coping with my situation though, lol. But it is what it is. I got myself into it, and noone else is going to "fix" this for me.

Wish you the best, Anon.
>>
>>18411946
I hear you 100%. I hope you find yourself in a place in life, that you are truly happy with. I guess we are still trying to find out where our place is in this world. But either way i wish you all the best too. Thanks for responding.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.