[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend always sounds very annoyed at me. I usually push

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 175050-himouto-umaru-chan-cry.jpg (11KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
175050-himouto-umaru-chan-cry.jpg
11KB, 280x210px
My boyfriend always sounds very annoyed at me. I usually push it aside and tell myself he's just going through a lot right now, so I do my best to be supportive, offer my help, ask how everything is going. Everytime I do, he shoots me down, saying things like, "Help me with what? How are you going to help me?" in a semi-yelling, annoyed voice.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just leave him be to his problems? I feel so sad, helpless, and useless. I can't even support my own boyfriend. What do I do, /adv/?
>>
I dated a girl who acted just like your boyfriend once.
We eventually broke up because of that.
I suggest you do the same. Sorry, but it's for the best. People like that don't deserve your attention.
>>
File: giphy.gif (538KB, 366x206px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
538KB, 366x206px
>>18411034
Talk to me about hamsters
Kik is rickyrosc0
>>
>>18411034
Whenever he starts acting shitty, just get quiet and go somewhere else. Another room is good. Even better is if you immediately go into the bathroom, get yourself looking all good and go out. If he asks where you're going say "out". You could just go sit at the library for 2-3 hours but his mind is going to go crazy and he'll feel like an ass. Dread game is powerful.

These captchas are obnoxious..
>>
>>18411034
>What am I doing wrong?

You are coddling him by letting him get away with this shit and not calling him out on it.

Everyone goes through shitty times, but only shitty partners vent it out on their significant other. People CAN fuck up and make mistakes from time to time and that's part of life, but if it's a habit, there are serious issues .

In the first place, it SHOULDNT be your job to tell him how to be an adult capable of properly expressing his emotions, but addiontionally, you DO have some fault for not standing up for yourself and making it know that this behvior is not acceptable, or for not getting out of a toxic relationship.

You are ALWAYS responsible for your own well being. Just because he's being a fuck up, it doesn't excuse you dont have to be.
>>
>>18411034
Well shit. If he's going to act like garbage, then you should take out the garbage.I get you probably "love him" but Christ all mighty. If leaving him be for a bit doesn't help the issue, or he gives you shit for not asking him about it, drop the relationship.
>>
>What am I doing wrong?

You aren't doing anything wrong, this is WHO HE IS as a person and he would treat ANYONE that way. His friends likely see him as a short-tempered dick too. Just dump him. It's not about you. He'll treat the next bitch this way too.
>>
Leave him. Some males don't appreciate what they got. Less stress for you
>>
>>18411034

Honestly? I think you're just trying to be too supportive. You haven't explained what your boyfriend may be going through, but I definitely know I dumped my last girlfriend partially because she was too wrapped up in MY business.

I have stomach issues. Every time my stomach would so much as gurgle, she'd make a big fucking deal about it. About how bad she feels for me, about how she can try to do something to make me feel better, or she thinks I should try cutting out X food, whatever. It's like, shit, I've lived with this for the past 14 years, doctors haven't solved it, and I'm not complaining, so leave me alone about it.

Same with work. I hated my job and I hated some projects. But I knew that I needed to get down to business and that I'm the only one that can solve it. The LAST thing I wanna do is come home and spend 45 minutes rehashing the problem, when I should be coming home to relax.

Basically, the way I see it, your boyfriend is a man capable of dealing with his own problems, and he'll ask you for support or help if he needs it. That doesn't mean never ask how he's doing, just don't constantly bring up his problems.
>>
>>18411034
Do things to help him in smaller ways. just do them, don't ask him if he wants help or wait til he starts something to offer to do it
>>
>>18411034
How old is he?
>>
Yeah.. The guy I'm involved with never shares what's wrong and just blames his problems on women and minorities. It's frustrating. I guess what you could do is leave him alone and try not to get on his nerves.
>>
>being an irritable asshole with your gf
>for almost any reason
>ever
stupid.
>>
you need talk to him about it and be a good listener. you won't be able to solve his problem but if you can listen through his problems without judging then I think that he'll be able to work through the issue himself
>>
>>18411291
I can almost guarantee you that it's a bacterial and fungal symbiotic relationship in your digestive tract.

t. someone that had a gf with the same problem that got really annoyed that I tried to help and had the same "I've lived with it so I know everything" attitude. a month after we broke up the leading edge research showed I was right. stop suffering alone.
>>
>>18411557
>tfw one of my friends was diagnosed with chron's disease and has been having trouble for like 10 years, seeing dozens of doctors, being in pain etc. and finally they realized he was misdiagnosed and it was that bacteria thing you're talking about

thanks god for science
>>
>>18411582
no you don't understand. crohns has been misdiagnosed as an autoimmune disease since it was identified as such. it's a bacterial and fungal symbiotic relationship in the intestines.
>>
>>18411557

Thanks. My stomach issues are complicated and not very extreme, but I'll try it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.