[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ending LDR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What is the least hurtful way of ending a LDR?

Reasons: No realistic future, I feel like I waste both our time keeping something alive which although really nice doesn't have any future, I still love my partner but I'm also a realist. The distance kills all the beautiful things which make a relationship intimate and it wont change due to our lifes being fixed for at least the coming 5 years (we're both in our early 30s). My biggest problem is that I know that my partner will be hurt as she's shy, doesn't go out much and has told me that I'm the best thing that happened to her (and I believe her). I know she wants to keep it going and I also don't want to lose her as a friend. I'm afraid that she might really get depressed seeing her dreams shatter. I'm a loyal person and I even thought about "invest" my life just to make her happy but I know that that's not healthy.

So, what do?
>>
>>18411031
If you're sure that eventually getting together and becoming a normal couple isn't an option, the only thing you can do is to end it
Granted, there's no good time for something like this, and it sounds like she holds you very dearly, it's going to hurt a lot no matter what

Maybe you could bring up the problems little by little to ease her up on the idea?
>>
>>18411065
Already tried that some time ago, she had a meltdown. She really thinks I'm the one and due to her social behaviour I don't think she will have anybody to lean on or find another boyfriend any time soon. I can't imagine hurting her so much, but I also don't want to get bitter in 10 years and let it out on her or stuff like that.

I'm even hope that she might fall in love with someone else, just to end it off with me and don't be left alone when I'm gone.
>>
>>18411082
Well, that's pretty bad. It's good that you care so much about her, though

She might be alone, but what about her family? Are they supportive of her?
The ideal option, but the hardest one to achieve would be to help her with her shyness (at least I suppose that's what prevents her from being normal socially). Try to get her to be more active and get used to deal with other people

For example, if she has a hobby, if there's a way for her to do that with other people. Get her out of her comfort zone little by little so that she doesn't depend that much on you and doesn't fall apart when you leave her
>>
>>18411031
become pewdiepie and go to her
>>
>>18411097
Family yes, but they don't life near. Few friends which also aren't at hand.

I thought about "upgrading" her but I don't think she would be into that. She's just a loner like myself. Works hard on heir work stuff which is also her hobby, goes out to some concerts, although mostly alone and simply likes to stay home and chill with some music/ movies. I don't think pushing her out would make her get more in contract with people, as she's simply not that interested in them. She's like the usual basement dweller meme with boobies.
>>
>>18411115
Not an option due to personal responsibilities in my state for at least the next years, probably longer. She can't either due to work.
>>
>>18411122
can't you support her if she comes to you till she finds a job?
>>
>>18411137
She can't find a job here, due to her specalization. Which also means she will have to keep moving (probably) do other places (which steal would not be nearer).
>>
>>18411031
>My biggest problem is that I know that my partner will be hurt as she's shy, doesn't go out much and has told me that I'm the best thing that happened to her (and I believe her). I know she wants to keep it going and I also don't want to lose her as a friend. I'm afraid that she might really get depressed seeing her dreams shatter. I'm a loyal person and I even thought about "invest" my life just to make her happy but I know that that's not healthy.

Holy shit this is me and mine to a tee. I've got no idea what to do but tow the line for fear of her taking her own life or shutting down the family relations she's built over the past year with my help.
>>
>>18411116
That certainly sounds like a comfortable life, but it makes it, again, more complicated
She sounds like she has very clear what she wants out of life, but is also very dependant on you. If she really doesn't want to meet other people, as opposed to simply not knowing how to, there's not much that I can think of that you can do there, specially being long distance

I'm not really sure how could you solve this, given how clear she seems to have things
>>
>>18411175
Well, she I am sure deep inside she would want to but she's not the kind of girl which usualy has man guys interested in her. She really not unattractive and even more intelligent but somehow I've been only her second or third boyfriend till know, so it's not like it all due to her not wanting and more her accepting it instead of getting constanly pulled down by such interactions.

I guess I will have to talk about it again and trey to explain it to her, piece by piece in hopes that in the meantime she will slowly learn to deal with it.

But it's so akward, like what will be do the rst of the time while still being together but thinking about breaking up?

>>18411174
Well, at least mine would never kill herself. But I guess that's the curse of being to good of a boyfriend.
>>
>>18411199
If she's actually in that position, of simply having accepted it, then there might still be something that can be done through that route.

One thing I found prevented me from talking to people or wanting to do so, was that I lacked guidelines on how should I behave myself in which situations, and everything was really awkward. Maybe that would help her too. Try talking to her about stuff you do with your friends to more or less teach her how she should behave
>>
>>18411031
Unless you are in prison there is no reason why you cannot make a way to be together in a shorter time frame than five years. You have a glorified penpal not a LDR. If both of you cannot make compromises do actually be together then quit posting here that you have anything special. 5 years bro. 5 years. If you truly put her as a top priority you could be together in 5 years. Just stop the bs. Quit making this girl the excuse as to why you aren't going out and seeking an actual relationship.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.