[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UFO Research, worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: extraterrestrials.jpg (47KB, 454x378px) Image search: [Google]
extraterrestrials.jpg
47KB, 454x378px
I've been interested in this topic since I was a kid. For the past years, I've sat through documentaries, read a multitude of texts about the UFO phenomena and spent countless nights going through videos from secureteam10, Dr. Greer and many other disclosure channels.

Despite the variety of available sources on the internet, though, and the quantity of new reports posted every single day, it always seems like we can never learn anything new from them. In fact, what we can find on the internet, books and magazines about the UFO phenomena gives us nothing but more curiosity, doubt and the dose of faith it takes for one to wait patiently for the next installment of this so awaited disclosure.

Also, if you further analyse the speech of these so called disclosure advocates, especially the main one, Dr. Greer, you will notice that his description of the "extraterrestrial agenda" represent nothing more than his own thoughts and views of the world delivered through storytelling techniques and inferential talk. A joke, truly.

This makes me so upset, because, for me, it's an extremely solid proof that we actually don't know anything about life outside our planet and that it is likely that we will never know about it.

Should I stop this aimless desire to know about the existence of intelligent life outside Earth? What is your experience with this research?
>>
no it's not worth it.

you hit it on the head. my personal stance is if the understanding of the universe that we have is to be believed (its not by the way it gets proven wrong in some big way like once every 2 years, but lets say it is) then it's very probable there is life elsewhere in the universe. that could be great, that could be horrible and they could want to enslave us and steal our planet's resources a la steven hawkings thoughts on the matter. frankly until such time as they land here and say hi, it's not worth it to go down that rabbit hole.

as for us likely never knowing, absurd, nasa is working on an alqubierre drive experiment though I haven't heard any details in at least a year. warp drive means we massively up the chances of running into any other life in the universe.
>>
>>18410506
>you hit it on the head
to clarify, by essentially saying it's all substanceless horse hockey.
>>
>>18410506
I really appreciate your reply. It's unfortunate that these channels keep feeding people's curiosity with substanceless shit. I was one those people myself, whenever I took the time to listen to so much crap. Not anymore, though..

As regards the Warp Drive, thank you for pointing me to the NASA experiment. I'll read about it now.

Have a good day!
>>
UFO:s were invented during the cold war, as a counterintelligence measure to get feedback from the USSR on spotted US espionage aircraft.
Have fun chasing the CIA:s tail.
>>
Don't go for UFOs, go for space biology or whatever it's called, bacteria on other planets.

If intelligent aliens had found us we would never know they were here. Fucking nano machines and distant sensing.
>>
>>18410491
99.99%of UFO "research" is nonsense.

The tiny percent that has some validity is NOT concerned with visitors from space, but the possibility of radio signals from space that could be intelligently sent.

Some legitimate astronomers continue to work in that field, but they have found absolutely nothing.
>>
>>18410491
It's worth it for the culture alone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZRIW87eWI
>>
>>18410491
UFO mythology is always entertaining. I mean, I wouldn't dedicate your life to it - Greek mythology is entertaining too, but you don't have to believe it to enjoy it. I suppose, if you can write, there are career opportunities of a sort though.

I can't take anything involving humanoid aliens seriously, or alien contact in general. I mean, I'm fairly certain there are some aliens out there, somewhere - but whether they are something we'd recognize as sapient, or even to be found in our own galaxy, rather than being forever out of reach, that's another thing. Most UFO mythology involves "humans, but not", but even that does say some rather interesting things about how we view ourselves, even if it rarely says anything about actual aliens.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.