[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

skin troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1491877046432.gif (960KB, 284x223px) Image search: [Google]
1491877046432.gif
960KB, 284x223px
Hey /adv/.

I have bad skin (the worst skin in my family weirdly enough). Not really in the bad dark circles or rough-skinned sorta way (my skin is almost baby soft) but general damage from mild acne that takes an unholy amount of time to heal. I'm still working on it and while my skin's making some progress due to getting a better skincare routine, I still have such a ways to go and still sometimes breakout, the remnants of which will be on my face for months. It's depressing and usually makes me wanna skip class or never go out. And that's what I usually do.

>tfw most of the people you know that eat nothing but junk food have far better skin than you
>have cut out most "problem foods" out of diet

...Then when on the rare times I give myself not just okay, but decent coverage with my foundation, I notice that I get a ton of attention from guys, compared to none at all when I'm wearing no or a little make-up. Far more attention than other girls, even if they're more femininely dressed and wear more make-up. What the fuck? I always thought I was horrifically ugly to the bone.

...So, even though I thought I only had somewhat bad skin, I'm beginning to suspect that it's hell-tier bad and I don't know what to do. I'm afraid that my skin will always be this way. I don't mind being flawed, but this is just too much to handle.
>>
>>18409660

>foundation

Make-up is clogging your pores. Make-up makes you have break outs, that you use make-up to cover, which makes you break out more.

>source, an ex-girlfriend who did the exact same things and complained the same way
>>
>>18409678
No man, I only wear foundation twice a week (bb cushion). A while back I was actually clear-skinned for a few weeks and the make-up didn't do anything. The same stands now; haven't worn any make-up for a week, yet I'm breaking out with three new pimples.

>ex
I know I'm complaining about it to strangers, but that seems even more awkward as fuck to complain about such things to her boyfriend.
>>
>>18409689

>three pimples
>hell-tier bad

Until you're breaking out all over your face that it leaves permanent splotch marks and craters, and look like a young teen boy hitting the age of 15, it's not that bad. Also, wearing make-up twice a week is still wearing make-up. Foundation is the first thing that clogs up the pores, because it directly adheres to your skin and doesn't let it breathe for hours on end.

Secondly, pimples sometimes just happen. Ingrown hair follicles, some foods, or something different introduced to the environment (new pillow/pillowcase, fabric softener, etc). Most people don't give a shit about them because everyone has them at one point or another. Adult acne is still a thing.

It just sounds like you have low confidence, just like my ex did.
>>
>>18409660

go on skincareaddiction on leddit
>>
File: gin.jpg (131KB, 1192x670px) Image search: [Google]
gin.jpg
131KB, 1192x670px
>>18409715
I just basically told you that my make-up has never gave me pimples and seems to happen regardless. I've tested it out, and it just isn't the problem.

It's not just an insecurity. I mean, another girl has said behind my back that I don't care about my appearance because I don't cover-up my face all the time and I've overheard other comments like that...

It's mainly hell-tier because even if it's not cystic/large acne, the red+dark marks stay around for a long period of time. Three pimples are a lot when they, even after going down, leave their impression for a few months on top of the past break-outs.
>>
>>18409734
I have (well, Asian Beauty to be exact). It helped. A little.

Hmm...maybe I should revise the question:
>what has worked for you guys to get rid of acne/inflammation
that might not necessarily just be more products.
I'm 20 now.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.