[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to touch type instead of hunt and peck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: yamero.jpg (13KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
yamero.jpg
13KB, 320x288px
How do I learn to touch type instead of hunt and peck?
>>
Shitpost a lot
>>
idk I used to be horrendous with it but now it's a thing I didn't even realize I do. I guess >>18409509 , write up a lot of business proposals, contracts, resumes, and get involved with shenanigans on this site where you have to type up information really quick so you can claim being the first to have it.
>>
take a typing class, or get a typing tutor computer program
>>
>>18409473

Memorize the layout of the keyboard, put the tips of your left hand's fingers on the asdf keys. Then do the same with your right on the jkl; keys. Learn to type.
>>
>>18409666
to add to this, if you change computers regularly, like you have a desktop for gaming and a laptop for work, that could mess you up. if I switch between my laptop and my backup for example I'm back to typing horribly.
>>
>>18409473
learn to type program, its how i learned back in elementary schoool
>>
>>18409473
I learned the basics via programs designed to teach typing, but I didn't get proficient at it until I just started typing all of my papers for middle/high school when I got my first computer. After enough hours hammering away at a keyboard it becomes natural.

If you need to learn faster, invest in a computer program which teaches typing. There's probably good ones out there as freeware on the internet.
>>
>>18409473
Are you talking about typing as in using a keyboard?

I used to be very surprised that people didn't know how to type because this was taught to me at a young age. Is that what you're looking for?
>>
>>18409473
http://www.mavisbeaconfree.com/

This is literally the program I learned on in 2nd grade. Obviously been upgraded a few times since then, but I type at 100+ WPM and use computers for a living, and haven't so much as glanced at a keyboard since around age 8, so something about this program works.
>>
>>18409473
the key is to memorize the keyboard dawg
>>
Use a computer for programming and writing. That's it.
>>
>>18409473
Do you want to learn how to type faster? Is that what you're asking?

>inb4 a bunch of guys who max out at 115 and think they can teach you how to type

Fast typing guys don't teach you shit, because they don't want to teach. These boys have been taught since grade school, it's a part of the curriculum. Since being a young boy or girl they have been drilled how to type.

But it's a second language. Them little dimples on the "J" and "F" key. It's not there by accident.
>>
Force yourself not to look. It gives you a disincentive to not hit the wrong keys.

A couple years ago I hunted and pecked and now I type ~50/60wpm
>>
Idk I learnt how to touch type through playing runescape for years as a kid. Sounds dumb I know, but at least it did something sorta productive
>>
Practice. The more you type, the more familiar you get with the keyboard and the faster you get. Also if you have small hands, proper touch typing may not be the fastest way for you to type.
>>
2 to 4 letters at a time.
Repeatedly write a short word. Then another.
Then alternate between the two.
Write leading caps every other word. Press the correct shift with your outer most finger.
Always rest your indexes on f and j for a qwerty and all other fingers on the next outer letters.
There is no need to use carriage return / line feed while typing. Typing and layout design are different things.
When you are done with all the short words you know, move on to longer ones. Start including punctuation in your exercises.

The point is to look at the keyboard, for the first (few) time(s) you write the word, subsequent times you should practice muscle memory. That is the reason for the repeat. If you do not repeat, you will never learn.

How much does it suck that the Alternative Graph key is on the wrong side / there is only one of them?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.