[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

working in a restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I have never had a real job before and recently got an opportunity of working at a Vietnamese restaurant as a kitchen assistant. I have no idea how to cook any asian food and want to know what kind of things i am likely to deal with. pls help
>>
Working at a restaurant fucking sucks, enjoy massive rushes where you're like two orders behind where you should be and your manager is talking shit to you and the orders just keep coming until you wanna break down and kill everyone in the restaurant including yourself. Then you have to do it all again tomorrow
>>
>>18409134
well shit. thanks
>>
yeah don't work in a restaurant. literally any job is better than that. how old are you? best unskilled job is security guard but if you're under 18 you probably won't be able to find a gig as one.
>>
>>18409212
don't worry you get used to it
>>
>>18409220
18. it was the only place that called back to offer me a position after +6months of looking for a job
>>
>>18409323
make up some bullshit job on your resume and give them your friend's phone number. I've done this before and it worked.

stay away from the food industry, believe me. as far as low skilled, near-minimum wage work goes, security guard>hotel work>gas station>>>>>>>>>>>>food
>>
Personally, any job is a good job.
Don't get complacent. Look for better opportunities on your off days.
I made the mistake of quitting one job because i had sort of a falling out with old boss. It was embarassing as hell it was like 8 months later, run into my old boss, "so where are you working?"..."n-nowhere".

As per your question, working in the kitchen might be difficult since you have 0 experience. You'll most likely
>get asked to cut a ton of vegetables
>get asked to prep special desserts or meats
>when its busy work 'the line' prepping plates
>make simple dishes on your own like dumplings or pour soups
>wash dishes when there is no dishwasher
>cleaning. lots of cleaning.

Stay on top of your paychecks. Restaurants, especially family run ones, are notorious for fucking over staff in terms of late pay, or not paying or under paying.
>>
>>18409336
>>18409341
appreciate the advice and will keep it in mind.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.