[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Lonely Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: dogs.jpg (323KB, 1080x876px) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
323KB, 1080x876px
So how many of you here feel lonely?

How many feel like they can't depend on their family?
How many feel like they don't have friends to rely on?
How many here just want romantic intimacy?

I guess this is kind of a hug box, but whatever, fuck it. It seems like this is a pervasive issue with people in our demographics as we're continually isolated by political situations and ever complicating social issues.

I'm gonna vent a little too - maybe it'll help. I've stopped saying I feel isolated or alone, because people always pipe up "Things'll get better! I'm here for you!", but that's usually just a snowflakey altruistic front. They aren't really there for you, they just seem to say it. Then when it comes time to depend on them or you ask for their help, they flake on you, as snow does. They might not realise it but it's as bitterly disappointing as it always is, so that chipper tune they're singing just ends up frustrating down the road.

What's on your mind, lonely anons?
>>
That's my life. I've got but one person in my daily life and it's not what it should be... i think I've given up on everything. I just wanna spend my free time watching tv or playing videogames to escape my reality
>>
>>18408935
Damn Anon, I keep teetering back into the denial phase of 'it gets better, I just need to do more!', who's this one person?

I have one person that I like, we have conversations and stuff but never do anything. Hell I bought Borderlands for them and they fuckin played it with someone else. Oh well, at least one of us is happy I guess.
>>
Every since I started taking anti depressants I don't really feel lonely anymore, I'm just filled with utter boredom all the time and basically became way more social as I don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks of me anymore. Am I ready to start dating?
>>
>>18408968
You can be social, but it can also be unfulfilling. I can talk with pretty much anyone, but it's all polite bullshit. I mean it's something, but it's also worth nothing.
>>
>>18408968
Sounds like it anon.

I'm pretty lonely too.
>>18408922
>>18408935
I'll be friends with you guys
>>
>>18408976
Will we though, or will we end up just people bored on Steam or some shit that never talk?
>>
>>18408974
I've basically started seeing what I can get away with socially. It's weird just a few months ago I couldn't even talk to my co-workers, now I'm like talking shit to people at bars and making friends, busting their balls. I've never really dated so it still feels weird , but I am also able to get cbt for social anxiety that I've blown off so far. Can you just tell your therapist you can't talk to women and focus on that during cbt?I think it's in a group setting?
>>
File: crossed4_1.jpg (300KB, 1280x990px) Image search: [Google]
crossed4_1.jpg
300KB, 1280x990px
>>18408922
I feel lonely as fuck.
I cannot depend on my family. My own brother is trying to sue me to cut me out of my inheritance.
I have no friends.
I'd love some romance. I'm divorced, paying child support. I pay so she can fuck a nigger. I don't even get to see my kid.

I tried to commit suicide this past weekend. I bought a bottle of dihydrogen monoxide from some guy. He said that thousands die from it every year. All it made me do was piss.

FML.
>>
>>18409043
You had me up until dihygroden monoxide.
>>
File: 1292827335555.jpg (294KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1292827335555.jpg
294KB, 1440x900px
Man, I feel this whole thread. I've gotten so lonely these past couple years that it has pushed me out of my anti-social shell, but I've noticed that people have become such surface people that I don't feel a true connection with anyone anymore. Fucking sucks.
Any time I do have a romantic partner, I end up making it my primary focus in my life because it is literally the only thing that will get me to stop focusing on that loneliness and that boredom, which usually leads two a very onesided relationship. Just sucks overall. I feel like I am missing such a significant part of my life because I can't connect with people.
Just want a deep connection with someone, whether it's romantic, friendship, or whatever.
>>
>>18408922
>Supportive family
>GF
>Large circle of friends

Still feel like I am the loneliest person ever, every moment when I am not occupied by someone and left to myself I can feel the tentacles of that feeling of loneliness and abandonment. Can I join the thread guise?
>>
>>18409081
I know that feel man. I just feel purposeless. My friends just don't seem to like me until I'm right in their faces... they'll Snapchat and message my girlfriend, but never me. The VERY rare occasion they do, I don't know how to respond - I try to keep a thing going, but it doesn't work, and they think I just don't want to talk to them. I feel like more of a burden to my friends and family than anything else...
>>
My family is very supportive but we all live far apart, since my father moved to another country and me mum to the other side of our country.

I rarely see any friends but got an old study buddy I meet and eat with once a month or so.

Given up on getting a gf, sex would be cool to try but don't know what I would with her otherwise.
>>
I got numb to feeling lonely, then something happened, now I give a fuck again.

>How many feel like they can't depend on their family?
my only dependable family is up north, I had to do my own thing before I move up to really start doing shit in life. long story, basically needed to test myself to deal with imposter syndrome
>How many feel like they don't have friends to rely on?
I try not to rely on friends too heavily unless they've been around awhile. most come and go as either they change, I change, or they move. most of my best friends I've made in the last 3 years moved across the country.
>How many here just want romantic intimacy?
I can get romantic intimacy, I want a serious long term relationship.

>>18408974
this. you start talking about anything other than niceties and people glaze over. someone asked me a direct question about work I did to my car, and i didn't even go into detail just basic stuff, and it was obvious they were just like "cool story bro idc" like why ask the fucking question then?
>>
>>18408922
Family is horrible and abusive

No friends, only friend just abandoned me. would be nice to have some friends

never had romantic intimacy, wish I did
>>
>Family is fine but I've never been that close with them since my adolesnce
>My "friends" are all fake as fuck and almost never hit me up first
>Been single for a year and a half and haven't gotten laid since January

Life is pretty shitty and there's not a damn person on this earth right now that I feel like is a genuine companion
>>
I have no skills, no real hobbies, no motivation, and I just feel bland as hell all the time. I don't have much fun either to be honest.

My family is close. I have a few friends (that never do anything with me outside of school or online) also. I still feel lonely though, and bored as hell most of the time.

Dunno what to do... Feelsbadman.
>>
>>18410434
>Been single for a year and a half and haven't gotten laid since
ftfm
>>
>>18408922
>So how many of you here feel lonely?
Many I'd bet. This is kinda a spot where many of us congregate
>How many feel like they can't depend on their family?
Same as above
>How many feel like they don't have friends to rely on?
Again. Same as above
>How many here just want romantic intimacy?
Again...
>What's on your mind, lonely anons?
Mostly the question "why bother"
>>
Yep, some days I feel as lonely as birdsong in winter. Which is why I end up here. Hope you all have fabulous days filled with just the right amount of social interaction and alone time, anons!
>>
I have plenty of friends but I'm lonely as fuck romantically. I just can't find anyone. I don't have any problems meeting women, having one night stands, going on dates etc. But I never meet anyone I want to keep seeing after 2-3 dates. I'm 27 and I'm starting to feel like Ted from HIMYM in that I continuously put in the effort to meet women but it just never clicks. Starting to fear it never will. Most of my friends are in long term relationships too so sometimes hanging out with them just makes me feel even lonelier.
>>
Don't really care about family much

I'm always second choice I.e all my friends have GFs or other friends

Every girl I've ever tried being with Has always ended up in shit, just want someone to share time with

Send help
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.