[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diagnose me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: kuvshinov ilya.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kuvshinov ilya.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
Hey adv! What the hell is wrong with me?

>As far as I can remember, I never really did anything for MY OWN sake, my own happiness

>I always put (and still put) other people's interest forward, even if that somehow means a disadvantage to me

I generally don't care about myself or my future and if there's a dream I wanna chase, or a simple task I should be doing FOR MYSELF then it's like meh.

BUT if it is for someone else, let that be a college, friends etc, then I put the best of my abilities into that task, and literally get anxious about the end result,because I want it to be perfect.

This somehow prevents me from chasing my dream of becoming a comic book artist to be honest (let's forget the fact that I don't really have a solid plan for a story, I only have cool scenes in my head.)

So if making comics was MY dream (I think it is), and I would do it alone (which I've been trying), then I feel close to nothing about this goal.

However, if the scenario would be that there's a writer who'd ask me to team up and he would want me to draw the thing, THEN I would give my best, and would spend hours perfecting every drawing.

Am I a cuck? A simple beta? I'm not a leader by any means, I'm the textbook example of a "follower" personality type, but would all this still be related to the personality? Or do I have issues?
>>
File: 71R6N-+s31L.jpg (188KB, 958x1411px) Image search: [Google]
71R6N-+s31L.jpg
188KB, 958x1411px
You're just a pussy, there's nothing really wrong with you. Read this
>>
>>18408571
>pussy
>self-help
Hahahaha
>>
>>18408574
> I've never read the book but I already have an opinion of it

Fuck off, why don't you try to help him?
>>
>>18408558
I don't know much about this kind of problem but one random thought I get is codependency.

Have you tried seeing yourself as a third person? I started being kinder to myself after I decided that hurting myself is as immoral as hurting other people.
>>
>>18408571

I've never read a self-help book before, but I probably should give it a chance. The thing is though, is that I have sort of "bursts" of motivation, where for a short period of time I feel really inspired, and then I fall back everytime.

I don't know if a self help book could help in the long run. Do you have any experience with it?
>>
>>18408604
I mean, just read it. It'll guide you, you gotta put in work, but it will help you.
>>
>>18408593
Yes I did try that, I actually take a step back pretty frequently to see the big picture, and I'm always horrified at how my life's going pretty much nowhere. I'm lacking discipline, and mentally weak, that's what I found by looking at myself from another perspective. Haven't seen the solution though..
>>
>>18408558
>personality type
>cuck
>beta
pffffft lmao

You need to learn more, from academicia, not Amazon or 4chan.

I'm not talking shit on you, look. You're probably above average intelligence, but you're using it very unskillfully, and that's your downfall.

People who don't know what's going on and get fooled, like poor rural whites who vote for modern day versions of robber barren scumbags. They don't know the higher concepts, they don't know the environment, so they vote for someone who wants to kick them off healthcare.

This is just a good example. Sorry /pol/.

It does relate to you. If you're not playing your life smart, you will end up spending your individual self on other people's whims. A guy who accepts getting cheated on when he's really hurt about it. A guy who has friends who don't respect him (or anyone). They might not even be aware that they're duping you.

Being a maverick to some extent is also important. If you emotionally look to other people for how to live your life (not just having a level discussion like on adv) then you'll be a sucker sheep "normie" etc. If you took everyone's advice at once, you'd be an obese overachiever who's in debt trying to get straight As while watching dumbass hollywood movies and pasting yourself on places like Grindr and Tinder. You'd be pulled in every gratuitous direction until there was nothing left, until you were just a shell that wanted to die.

Do your own fucking thing.

Maybe it's being a comic book artist, and maybe it's not. You won't know until you educate yourself and try actually pursuing your goals. Life will throw you curveballs, but don't "be a pussy." You have to roll with the punches and not give up.

"I do know all about the world"
No, you don't. I don't. Our ideas of reality are just faulty little specs in the grand scheme of life and what actually exists. Talkng in meemees like "cuck" and shit is not good for you.

Get off 4chan right now. Go to the gym. Go indulge in some good art.
>>
>>18408604
True motivation comes from within, not from listening to some filmsy fellow mortal.

At best self help and motivational speech makes you feel nice and motivates you until you ultimately forget what you have read/heard.

>>18408580
Sorry. I just think that your successes are due to your own merits, and not a self-aggrandizing person(s).
>>
also

>diagnose me
cmon man. wise up brother.
>>
>>18408620
Yeah I did recognize how easy it is to exploit me because I function this way, and how dangerous it could be.

I really didn't envy other people's life ( I know you didn't say this), the only reason I tried to take a closer look at other (seemingly succesful) people's life, was to find out where I'm doing things wrong. I didn't want their life, I wanted to find out how I can improve mine, by following a similar path. What I mean is that when I looked at my friend I was like " hmm he has a hobby he really seems to enjoy, I should probably find one too". And I wasn't like " I'm gonna have to play basketball from now on, in order to be happy"

I do waste a lot of time here, I have a procrastination problem, so I probably should get off 4chan. I actually did for 2 weeks, but then I eventually fell back again..

On a side note, this is probably the third time I ever used the word "cuck" in any context. -I know it's not the point ofc.-
>>
>>18408657
Sounds pretty mundane. Do you actually think there is something very wrong with you? I'm having trouble finding it in your posts, which are pretty vague.

You sound normal to me, and a bit rambly (just like me!). Anxiety as they call it can make people this way.

Maybe try some focusing exercises, or finding an interest you aren't wishy washy about.
>>
>>18408673
Interest can be anything from music to archeology to theological studies to mechanics to balloon animals. The important part is that you enjoy focusing on it.
>>
>>18408639
yeah that was probably too much, but I didn't know where to put this constant,reoccuring "trying to do something-lose motivation, do nothing" pattern, and thought that it's more then discipline problem.

>>18408673
>Do you actually think there is something very wrong with you? I'm having trouble finding it in your posts, which are pretty vague

The main problem is the first post. I'll live my life not achiving anything I Wanted, because of this lack of motivation or I don't know what. I might be just depressed.

Maybe the posts are vague because I myself don't truly know what is wrong with me. All I know and feel is this general discomfort towards myself which is hard for me to put in words. I have experienced anxiety a lot in the past years and I feel so burned out.

I just want out of this emotional hellhole, and I thought that the way for that would be to find my passion which would be art. But if it is, then why am I not doing it? Why is that that when I drew something for a friend for his nameday, I felt that it had to be perfect, but when it is for my sake, I don't do shit.

Thanks for the advices so far, and sorry for the late replies, I have an old laptop which is dying on me atm.
>>
>>18408726
No problem im busy as well. I might reply later tonight if the thread is up

Society (the machine, not people) is designed to fulfill set purposes (sustain economic growth, increase health etc), and the wheels are in motion. It doesn't care if you're happy or achieving your goals except in the ways your happiness and goals play into the scheme.

That, in a very broad general sense that may or may not be helpful, explains why youre "in a hell where you don't achieve your goals."

Thats why me and other posters (and you) keep mentioning individuality and individual drive

Also buddhist middle path. You can't be an astronaut but you can be happy.
>>
>>18408748
and never seeking full spiritual enlightenment, unless you want to devote yourself to a very rigorous and painful process that may not be rewarding (ie becoming a monk)
>>
>>18408558

I've got a friend that's exactly how you've described yourself.

His problem is that he tries to play nice guy all the time. There's a clear difference between playing nice guy, and actually being a nice guy.

When you pretend to be a nice guy, you're more than likely seeking social fulfilment. The key here is that you don't do anything for yourself and pretend to not know what you want to pursue.

>So if making comics was MY dream (I think it is), and I would do it alone (which I've been trying), then I feel close to nothing about this goal.

This right here says everything. If you were just being yourself and minding your own business, you would not have this much conflict with something if you were truly passionate about it.

People are rarely altruistic so I think you should take a long and hard look at why you do things, even if its not apparent at first. You'll probably find that it leads to something simple like fulfilling social desires.

Once you get over that hurdle, you can focus on self actualisation and meaning.
>>
>>18410125
I actually did think about this. I thought about what if art is not something I truly want to pursue, but I have a hard time deciding if that's the case or not. Maybe it should just be a hobby. But this realization feels so depressing for some reason. If I didn't have art as a thing I want to pursue, I would pretty much have nothing else. I know I could look for something else, but I really have a hard time letting go of this idea of doing comics.

I don't think I play the nice guy though. I meet the same group of best friends for years now, I never had and don't have a reason now, to do that. (what I meant by this is that I am not looking for social acceptance or anything).

I give money to homeless people, I help the elderly etc, and I never talk about this. I never mention these to anyone in order to make them think "wow such a nice guy". I do like helping others, but it really is time for me to do something for myself I think. That's where I'm lost right now.

Thanks for the advice man.
>>
>>18410358
No worries, wish you the best. We all have tough things going on in life.
>>
>>18408558
people pleasing, abandonnement anxiety.
>>
You are not only beta. This is way worse than that. You have the mentality of a SLAVE. It's a puppy eat kitten world and you are lunch.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.